1863 Brown County map

  • Sally G
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2010
      I received a link to a page at the Texas Portal website today that holds some maps of Brown County, Texas. Of interest tonight is a 1863 map showing the land holdings of some McPeeters relatives, my great-grandfather David Q. Anderson, the Clements family, and William Columbus Anderson. I have uploaded the information for the link in the links section. A hard copy of the map is being ordered so that it can be scanned to offer a crisper image. The map images are located in the photo section in the Brown County album and the appropriate family album.

      Finding my relatives is very exciting, and we were not surprised to find William C. Anderson's property near Salt Creek, since he paid taxes in 1863.

      Sally