Busy busy busy

  • Sally G
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2009
      Howdy all. I thought maybe we might share holiday recipes or something...what do you think?

      I have had contact with three "cousins" this week. A descendant of Samuel Anderson has contacted me. She lives around Chappel Hill, Texas. I will go visit with her Thanksgiving week. She wants to make a road trip ton GA and SC to see what records she can turn up. Also, she has a friend that works in PA with civil records and will contact them to see if anything can be found about Noble Anderson Sr.

      James Noble Anderson is a son of William M. Anderson. He settled in Wise County, Texas and then in Brown County, Texas. His wife was Emily Denson. A relative of hers contacted me today and shared information on her family. He has some photographs of folks that would be first cousins to James Noble Anderson's children. It will be fun to see them since we have a number of photographs of his children.

      Then, I spent a lovely few minutes chatting with an Anderson cousin from Brownwood today. Donna is super. She has so much knowledge about our relatives that settled there. Sadly, she had some computer trouble are fears much of her work will be lost. She's a sharp cookie so I'm sure she'll get it all back in order eventually.

      I am saving what I was sent about James Noble Anderson's in-laws to the site and to the tree at Ancestry.com should anyone be interested.

      Howdy DO!

      Sally
    • Clay Riley
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2009
        That is great Sally. As hard as you work researching your family, it is only right that you find these nuggets of data along the way. Now, that is a true treasure.

        Clay
      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 16, 2009
          Would you ask her to poke into my Grissoms Greshams Grishams. I am sure our families traveled together.

          Elizabeth

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 19, 2009
            Isn't the Internet just the greatest, to find the cousins?? Next, comes the best part, talking, then meeting in person!
            Like using a metal detector to locate buried treasure!
            As for sharing recipes, I have one. Sort of.
            I won a Pumpkin Cook-off with my original recipe several years ago, but have since lost it in a house fire.
            Pumpkin Bread Pudding:
            Use your favorite recipe, using Cinnamon Swirl bread, and 1/2 can of Pumpkin pie filling.
            For the Sauce, I used a jar of Caramel Ice Cream Topping, dolloped on top of the warm pudding after baking.
            For the secret, killer ingredient, I used a jar of Marshmallow Cream, dolloped on top of the melted caramel sauce.
            Serve while warm, YUM!

            Fran