Re: [the_headquarters] viva la USA dammit !

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2012
      That might be a tricky one because it's not your typical West Coast IPA we're used to seeing. I found Two Hearted to be similar to Lagunitas Sucks, you might see what people are using for yeast in a Sucks clone. Just a thought.

      On Jul 20, 2012, at 9:33 AM, jeffrey_achtzehn@... wrote:

      Thx for the input guys. Two hearted looks pretty straight fwd... Problem is not the hops but the yeast strain. They use their own strain. The best clone on this beer has come from people harvesting the yeast from one of Bell's bottles and growing it out. Regardless think I'll give it a go.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 19, 2012, at 1:11 PM, Chris <chrisferderer@...> wrote:

      I would say Nugget Nectar because I've never had it and I like trying new things. Not a bad choice in there though. Good luck!

      Speaking of new recipes, does anyone have a Belgian Strong Pale recipe you'd recommend? I'm looking for something similar to Duvel or Delirium Tremens (shooting high, I know). There are plenty of clones online, but I'd rather go with a recipe recommended by someone I know.

      On Jul 19, 2012, at 12:43 PM, Brian Baker <brianbaker49@...> wrote:

      All of the above!

      In terms of getting a reliable recipe to follow, Two-Hearted might be the easiest because the hops are 100% Centennial (less variability with that, obviously).

      On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Jeff Achtzehn <jeffrey_achtzehn@...> wrote:

      HQ Crew,

      I'm gonna try and squeeze in some brewing this weekend and am still feeling kinda nostalgic from the 4th of July, so was considering trying to clone one of the following popular commercial American ales. My challenge will be 1) finding the clone recipe and 2) ensuring that my 5 gal all-grain mash tun will be able to  accommodate the grain bill.

      Any votes on the following possibilities?

      Tröegs Nugget Nectar
      American Amber / Red Ale / 7.50% ABV
      Tröegs Brewing Company

      Hoptober Golden Ale