The Refuge

  • ocarroll85
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
      Its probably old news, but have you guys heard of this place?

      http://refugesc.com/

      Pat and I were at K n L liquors and a guy came up talkin about it. He said he just had mikkeller 1000 ibu on tap! They specialize in belgian beers and pastrami sandwiches. I don't know why i'm not there now.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
        I've been hearing about The Refuge for a couple years Andy.

        http://refugesc.com/

        Charlie, Bruce and others have talked about it.
        Supposed to be nice, good selection of Belgian beers served well.
        Good food.
        Perhaps a bit 'pricey'?

        I'd stop by this afternoon as I'm heading to K&L, but The Refuge is closed on Sundays.

        I haven't been yet because it's a hike to San Carlos (from south San Jose), so I'd rather head (north) east to The Trappist http://thetrappist.com/, Beer Revolution http://beer-revolution.com/, or other beer venues in the East Bay.

        I'm still hankering to check out Handles Gastropub http://www.handlesgastropub.com !

        Thanks for the reminder,
        Roger.

        Its probably old news, but have you guys heard of this place?

        http://refugesc.com/

        Pat and I were at K n L liquors and a guy came up talkin about it. He said he just had mikkeller 1000 ibu on tap! They specialize in belgian beers and pastrami sandwiches. I don't know why i'm not there now.

      • The Rabid Brewer

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
            Well Brian.

            I've been scouring beer venues to prep for BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) training.
            I stopped at the Redwood City Bev Mo, on my way to K&L.  I was able to get the majority of subcategories for styles 2-11 at Bev Mo.

            K&L was able to help me out, with the Kolsch (Gaffel), but didn't have the others I needed.  The attendant suggest the Willows Market (corner of Middlefield & Willows in Menlo Park).  I stopped.  While K&L had one Kolsch, Willows had 4 or 5, and a bit less expensive!  They claim to have 1,000 craft beers.
            They've got a bunch of Schlenkerla beers, I've never seen.  They also have the Uerige Sticke Alt!

            Check out the Willows Market when you get up that way,
            Roger.

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
              Oh man that looks great...

              Prost!