Re: [the_headquarters] Dry Hopped Bud Light

  • Jeff Achtzehn
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 22 11:07 AM
      BTW, the brewing team from Anchor have been doing something similar for some time. They pop the tops of bottles of Bud Light, place 3 hop cones of a single variety in the bottle, recap and refrigerate for 2-3 weeks before sampling/evaluating. This practice has led to a better appreciation of new/emerging hops by them and is part of what's driving the release of some new beers by Anchor.

      Jeff

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 22 11:32 PM
        Awesome idea, definitely worth testing it out.

        I've wanted to try the Mikeller series of single hopped beers and haven't been able to get my hands on them yet. I've also been 'very' surprised at how just dry hopping can affect a beer to the point that just that alone will make the same base beer taste very different (I tried 4 samples of the same beer with just dry hopping differences and they were all noticeably different). I think this is a great process to test out and use for individual as well as club level education (novice and experienced).

        Andy-)