Dry Hopped Bud Light

  • Chris Ferderer
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
      Hey Gang,

      I just came across this post and thought it good to share with my fellow homebrewers. Seems like a great idea and pretty cost effective way to profile experimental dry hopping.

      http://www.bertusbrewery.com/2013/03/dry-hopped-bud-light.html?m=1

      You might even try one of AB-InBev's beers with a little malt to it just to see how the hop aroma might mix with a typical homebrewed beer.

      Cheers!
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
        Excllent idea Chris!

        Sounds like an excellent club meeting project!
        Roger.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
           I think we should do this with six or even twelve of the lesser
          known / newer / interesting hops available.

           A couple of us can choose the varietals, bottle and present to the rest at a future meeting.

           It can be a presentation on the diversity of hops in general, and the simplicity of the individual type

          Could be interesting, What do you guys think

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 22, 2013
              BTW, the brewing team from Anchor have been doing something similar for some time. They pop the tops of bottles of Bud Light, place 3 hop cones of a single variety in the bottle, recap and refrigerate for 2-3 weeks before sampling/evaluating. This practice has led to a better appreciation of new/emerging hops by them and is part of what's driving the release of some new beers by Anchor.

              Jeff

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 22, 2013
                Awesome idea, definitely worth testing it out.

                I've wanted to try the Mikeller series of single hopped beers and haven't been able to get my hands on them yet. I've also been 'very' surprised at how just dry hopping can affect a beer to the point that just that alone will make the same base beer taste very different (I tried 4 samples of the same beer with just dry hopping differences and they were all noticeably different). I think this is a great process to test out and use for individual as well as club level education (novice and experienced).

                Andy-)