Beer Baron Saloon in Livermore

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17 12:16 PM
      I was running around to the SMCF Drop-off locations in Concord and Livermore yesterday afternoon.

      I went to the 1st Street Alehouse for a burger and beer, as I remember it being a pretty good place (a couple years ago).
      It's amazing how the craft beer Renaissance is making old and familiar into old and boring.

      I walked around the block and encountered the Beer Baron Saloon.
      It looks more like a dive bar inside and out (well... in the fashionable, Livermore downtown area).
      OMG- this place is off the hook!
      They were serving BigFoot aged two years in (bourbon I think) wood among other beers I'd never heard of!
      They had beers brewed by commercial breweries, for them.  There were a number of 'wild' beers and sours.
      The bartender told me they constantly rotate beers out, like new beers every 3 days or so.
      This is the branched out bar from Perry's Liquor's.  I'm surprised I don't hear more about it from the Mad Zyms.
      http://livermoresaloon.com/The_Beer_Baron.html

      If you get out to Livermore, make sure to check out Perry's Liquors and the Beer Baron Saloon!