S M C F homebrew comp

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2013
      Hey Guys, interested in helping out with the San Mateo county fair homebrew comp?

       I am picking up entries and delivering them to the fairgrounds on the morning of the 25th. If anyone wants to carpool and see what it takes to run a homebrew comp, let me know!.......I wonder if there are any places to stop and have a beer on the way back?????

      Thank you Dan H, Dan R, Calvin, Eric R, Andy C and Michael S. I am still looking for four other volunteers to help with the receiving process Saturday May 25 at the San Mateo Exhibit Center.
      • Volunteers should plan on arriving around 10:30-11am.

      • We will be scanning the entries in the software, applying cap labels on bottles and sorting/collating bottles by BJCP category and flight.

      • We will likely be there until 4 or 5pm based on prior experience.
      Let me know if you will be able to assist at the San Mateo Exhibit Center May 25, Roger.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 22, 2013
        [not beer related, ignore if you have no interest in downtemp electronic tunes]

        Hey Andy and those interested,
        We talked about some downtempo electronic tunes in the last meeting and I found out my iphone notes file I'd been building up over a year or so was gone. I've since recovered it, so here it is:

        BTW I've been buiilding out this list for over a year from personal tunes/albums/artists I have had or known about either new or for some time, and some new stuff I've come across from listening to various stations on Pandora. The list starts out a bit more varied than just downtempo, I just thought they were really good chill tunes so added them:

        Tune List - Chill

        Radiohead - reckoner (in rainbows)
        The verve - Rather be (Forth)
        Ambrosia - holding on to yesterday
        Radiohead - meeting in the aisle (how am i driving EP)
        Pontiak - virgin guest (Living), instrumental
        Black Sabbath - planet caravan (paranoid)
        Theivery corp - bebel giberto (on versions)
        Dj Cam - gangsta shit ( mad blunted jazz)
        Richard Ashcroft - brave new world (alone with everybody)
        Jimmy hendrix - gently gently away
        Jimmy Heendrix - little wing (live)
        RJD2 - Ghostwriter
        Tosca - prolo ( natural high)
        Telepopmusik - Breathe
        Natalie Imbruglia - leave me alone
        Massive Attack - black milk (mezzanine)
        Richard ashcroft - break the night with color
        Tosca - f$$$k dub (parts 1 and 2)
        Dj shadow -  what does your soul look like (preemptive strike)
        All india radio - lo fi groovy
        Wax tailor - ungodly fruit
        Massive attack - angel
        Moby - porcelain (classic track)
        Dj shadow - midnight
        Tony D - piano grand (check mushroom jazz albums for the track)
        Sound Providers - the field
        Big muff - poppys song
        Mhshroom jazz stuff
        Portishead - glory box (live version is pretty good too)
        Massive Attack - teardrop
        Urban Species - brother (earthling bonus beats)
        Chaser - changing minds
        Moodorama - behind the scenes
        Telepopmusik Breathe
        FC Kahuna - Hatling
        Massive Attack - BlackMilk
        Thievery - Lebanese Blonde
        Funky Porcini - Long Road
        Nightmares on wax - humble
        The herbalizer - sensual women (herbal tonic version is a bit different to orig album i heard it on)
        Kid loco - flyin' on 747
        Shapeshifter - summer haze
        Veleura Perfect - Sunrise sunset
        Prefuse 73 - back in time
        The highend sound - after traffic
        Little People - Basque
        DJ Cam - A Loop
        The herbalizer - another mother
        Bonobo - Flutter (dial M for Monkey album)-this ones a bit more upbeat
        Bonobo - wayward bob
        Up, abustle and Out - silks perfume & gold
        Ulrich Shnauss - Moffsee
        Profuse 73 - storm returns
        Ralph meyers and the jack herron band - a special morning
        DJ Shadow - changeling
        RJD2 - a beautiful mine
        Riton - put that on my momma
        Kid koala - bar hopper
        Tosca - rondo acaprecio
        Scuba P - hit and run (outbreak deeper mix)
        jawaba a shikwa - you are the light
        Groove armada - mary
        Dj shadow - mongrel meets his maker
        Dj cam - cantaloop island
        Amon tobin - easy muffin
        Thunderball - stereo tonic
        Herbalizer - unsungsong
        Gerd - seduce me
        Bonobo - noctuary
        Ralph meyers and the jack herron band - nikita
        The Avalanches - frontier psychiatrist
        The herbalizer - moon sequence
        Sound providers - the field
        Thievery - trancendence
        Rjd2 - all for you
        Mr. Electric triangle - bossa nova
        Jaywalkers - that time of day again (mushroom jazz 2)
        B. Fleischmann - composure
        DJ Shadow - fixed income
        Rae and Christian - swimming pool
        Air - Les Professionels
        Boozoo bajou - yma
        Dj Cam - california dreamin
        Thievery - shadows of ourselves
        St. Germain - sure thing
        Morcheeba - post houmous
        The herbalizer - put it on tape
        Thirvery - the mirror conspiracy
        Herbalizer - if you close uour eyes
        Tosca - Doris Dub
        Villain accellerate - mind of gold
        Sinewave - star tripping
        Funki porcini - long road
        Dj Cam - bronx theme
        J-Boogies Dubtronic science - le sengra
        Theivery - Indra
        Dj Smash - naked city
        Dj Presto - relax your mind
        Moss - retread lightly (chill out lounge vol2)
        Zero 7 - red dust
        Josh one - after hours (grey skies ep)
        Crazy Penis - 3 play it cool
        Herbalizer - the missing suitcase ( also diff version on 'herbal tonic')
        silks perfume and gold - up bustle and out
        Fluid motion - lost and found
        Jeff sharrell - afrocosmic drums
        Emo - i want my love (dub)
        TJ Rehmi - asmaaniac
        Tosca - bass f**k
        Maker - lost at last
        Dj Tonk - one day (instrumental)
        Wax Tailor - ungodly fruit
        Zero 7- in the waiting line
        Layo and bushwacka - sleepy language
        General midi - the eastoner
        The d ining room - numero deux
        Dj shadow - in flux
        Symbion project - soft tempest
        Dj shadow - six days
        Mike boo - cantrac
        Saru - something stronger
        Prefuse 73 - afternoon love-in
        Platonic - alternate thursday
        Elvisa - beatnut (3Cd set, 'st. Germain: destination paris')
        Bonobo - days to come (instrumental)
        The opus - i come in peace
        Depeche mode - dream on (dave clark acoustic remix)
        William orbit - you know too much about flying
        Hooverphonic - 2 wicky
        Th ievery corp - Omid
        Ulrich Schnauss - molfsee
        Villain Accelerate - when i was your age
        Dirty Gold - california sunrise
        The lushlife - budapest eskimos
        Ian Pooley - stoneybridge Terrace
        Future rhythm foundation - soul dredging
        Boards of canada - Dayvan Cowboy
        Groove Armada - edge hill (moonlight mix, may have something to do with the tomb raider movie)

        Albums/mixes to check out:
        The best of 15 years Supperclub album 2 cd
        saint-germain des-pres cafe paris
          - 10 cd bix set, nu jazz
        The chill lounge vol3
        Mr. Electric Triangle - bossa nova
         Croatia The Opening 2009 Chill Out

        Artists/albums to add:
         theivery Corporation
        The Orb
        Aphex Twin
        Tosca (f--k dub, suzuki, among other albums)
        Mushroom jazz
        Dj shadow
        Greyboy
        Nightmares on wax
        Ninja tunes
        Herbalizer
        Sneaker pimps
        Brian eno
        Art of noise?
        Boozoo bajou - check out
              - Night over manaus
        Dabrye - check it out
        St. germain
        Zero 7
        J-Boogies Dubtronic science
        Beastie boys in sounds
        Psyconaughts

      • Ales Only
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 23, 2013
          Hey everyone,
          Sorry for the late notice, but the next board meeting for the Coop is today, 5pm at Harry's Hoffbrau.  It's in the back event room.

          It will mostly be board meeting agenda and the sub-committee's reporting in on what they have been doing and requests for budget/etc, so probably not too exciting or specifically informative about the Coop. If you want to know more about the Coop in general it's probably best to come to one of our next events and/or checking out our online medai sites. We'll be aiming to put these events on monthly.

          We're hosting our next event at Original Gravity April 13th 2-4pm. No entrance fee, purchase whatever beers you like from the bar. There will be a short talk about the Coop. Cali Craft is coming and will be bringing some special beers. I'm not sure yet if they are giving away free samples or not.

          For more info:

          Join our meetup group:

          Facebook:

          I know not everyone is interested in this project, or maybe no one, so I will send out info if everyone's interested or stop if no one's interested!-) I don't mean to use the club as a means to push the Coop, it's just something I'm doing outside the club that's beer related so I'm sharing with everyone.

          Andy-)