DECEMBERFEST TASTING!

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2012

       We are getting closer to the end of the year and I wanted to get a better idea of who will be attending the rare beer tastng or as it is now known ........ DECEMBERFEST!!!

       So far I have:

      Chris +1

      Brian +3

      Jeff +1

      Jim +(1?)

      Pat +1

      Ron

      Me and Amber

      - I think the potluck idea is the way to go.  Each of us could bring a little something to share.( a snack or appetizer type.) You could also bring something that might pair well with your beer!

      - It will be held at around 2pm on Saturday the 29th. Potluck first, then quickly getting to beers!

      - I will host at my house in Campbell ( 660 Monica ln. )

      -To make things perfectly fair, If you or a friend would like to attend the tasting then bring a beer to share. If you dont have a beer but want to try some, you can donate $20 to go towards the club treasurey.

      - There will not be a limit to the amount of beers you can bring ( within reason ) and keep in mind 22oz or 750oz will help make sure everyone gets a taste of everything they would like.

      -Feel free to announce what beer you will potentially be bringing (i may have a 2009 dark lord...i'll have to check. )

        Let me know if you would like to attend or have someone that wants to go asap. Let me know if I put you down and aren't going. Let me know if you have any questions. This should be Fun!

    • Jeff Achtzehn
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2012
        Right-on Andy (and Amber) !

        I have a 2011 (or maybe it's a 2010) Barrel-Aged Old Rasputin that I'd love to share with the group and I am trying to rustle-up one or two more... I'll get back to you and the group on what food Terry and I will be bringing, that way you don't end up with 500 bags of pretzels or 200 live Maine lobster flown in...

        Thanks/Prost!
        Jeff

         We are getting closer to the end of the year and I wanted to get a better idea of who will be attending the rare beer tasting or as it is now known ........ DECEMBERFEST!!!

         So far I have:

        Chris +1

        Brian +3

        Jeff +1

        Jim +(1?)

        Pat +1

        Ron

        Me and Amber

        - I think the potluck idea is the way to go.  Each of us could bring a little something to share.( a snack or appetizer type.) You could also bring something that might pair well with your beer!

        - It will be held at around 2pm on Saturday the 29th. Potluck first, then quickly getting to beers!

        - I will host at my house in Campbell ( 660 Monica Ln. )

        -To make things perfectly fair, If you or a friend would like to attend the tasting then bring a beer to share. If you don't have a beer but want to try some, you can donate $20 to go towards the club treasury.

        - There will not be a limit to the amount of beers you can bring ( within reason ) and keep in mind 22oz or 750oz will help make sure everyone gets a taste of everything they would like.

        -Feel free to announce what beer you will potentially be bringing (i may have a 2009 dark lord...i'll have to check. )

          Let me know if you would like to attend or have someone that wants to go asap. Let me know if I put you down and aren't going. Let me know if you have any questions. This should be Fun!

      • Brian Baker
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 24, 2012
          Awesome, Jeff. I and my buddies will bring some combo (or all) of:
          -Mikkeller Santa's Little Helper 2011 (750mL)
          -The Bruery 4 Calling Birds (750mL)
          -The Bruery 5 Golden Rings (750mL)
          -Marin Brewing Old Dipsea Barleywine aged 10 months in bourbon barrels 2011 (22oz)
          -Deschutes Black Butte 23 (22oz)
          -SN & DFH Life & Limb 2 (750mL)

          • jeffrey_achtzehn@yahoo.com