Re: [the_headquarters] Brewing Rye beer beats meetings!

  • Brian Baker
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012
      Damn, can't make it Saturday but we should definitely do a rare beer tasting. We've all had that experience of looking at that 12% monster beer in its 22oz or 750mL bottle and thought "A glass of that sounds good, but two glasses doesn't". This way, you get a glass (ok, maybe a smaller glass) of your awesome but intense beer and then you get to try a glass of everyone else's awesome beer, too. I definitely have some beers I'd like to dust off, too. Barrel aged Santa's Little Helper, anyone? Four Calling Birds, Marin Brewing Barrel aged Barleywine, year or two old Bigfoot, Old Guardian, Life and Limb, Black Butte... I'm sure you guys have more interesting stuff than that. I'm in.

      On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Andrew Carroll <ocarroll85@...> wrote:

        Hey Gang,

         Rather than having a regular meeting this weekend, I intend to brew a beer using the club's bag of Rye malt. I was thinking we could hold a " meeting" during the brew.

       I am thinking something big and hoppy, maybe a big sticky west coast red ale. Hop Red Rye? I dunno. If you guys can make it to the brew day we can discuss current and upcoming events and perhaps something to commemorate our first year as a club. Also, if anyone is interested they can take as much Rye malt as they want to brew a batch with.

        We had talked about doing an end of the year special / rare beer tasting. I have gotten some interest and am very interested myself to dust off some of those cellared beers. Is there anything that you guys would like to see happen or do by the end of the the year as a club? Who would be interested in doing a Rare beer tasing in the near future?

        Let me know if you can make it by. I will probably get some pizzas or something to snack on. I will plan on starting around 11 am ish at my house rain or shine! As always any homebrewed or commercial beers that you would like to share are welcomed and encouraged especially those that you would like feedback for.

        660 Monica ln.
        Campbell 95008
       cell- 408 480 2008

    • Chris