Fw: OAKTOBERFEST Competition: Entry Window 9/8-9/16 + Call for Judges & Stewards

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2012
      For those interested in the Mad Zymurgists organized Oaktoberfest competition,
      Roger.

      The entry window for our 4th annual OAKTOBERFEST Homebrew Competition runs this Saturday, September 8th thru September 16th.  See attached for more details.

      Get your best German beers to Good Brewer, HopTech, Brewmaster, or Oak Barrel Winecraft, before the deadline.  The $7 per entry fee can be paid electronically using PayPal, or by check to the Mad Zymurgists.  Get all needed labels and forms, and see our list of accepted styles at: www.madzymurgists.org/oaktoberfest.

      The judging (not open to the public) is held separately, in advance of the awards ceremony.  This year, our final judging on September 29th, starts promptly at 10:00 AM at the HopYard Alehouse in Pleasanton.  Judges and Stewards should plan to arrive between 9:15 and 9:30 AM that day for registration & light breakfast items, so we can begin the judging right on time.  Awards will be announced Saturday, October 6th at 1:50 PM on the Main Stage of the OAKTOBERFEST festival.  Join us that day for all the fun, and of course our wonderful "Homebrew Alley," sponsored again this year by HopTech!

      We still need a good number of judges and stewards, and other helpers for the competion (for cellaring help, setup, etc), so BJCP judges, stewards, and other helpers, contact: brewerbrian@... with your availability -- please be sure to note any entries you may have in the competition.

      Thanks in advance to everyone for the excellent homebrew entries, all of the assistance -- once again, we will hope to make this year's competition a success!

      PROST!
      Brian

      Brian Cooper
      Organizer, Oaktoberfest Comp., 2012