Fw: World Cup of Beer : Looking for Stewards

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2012
      Contact Gene if you'd like to Steward at World Cup.

      This is a great comp to help with,
      Roger.

      Hi folks,
         I'm organizing Stewards for this years World Cup of Beer

      For those that don't know what that means :

      Stewarding is essentially being a waiter for a day for a set of judges while they judge all the beers in a given category. This involves taking away used glasses and snagging clean ones, bringing out each beer, supplying bread, cleaning up spills, collecting score sheets, and most importantly getting to taste each beer and getting to listen in on the judges analysis.

      In addition to learning alot about the category that you steward and tasting a lot of great homebrew, stewards get free breakfast and lunch at the prelims and get in free to the awards party at finals (and free lunch).

      You don't need to have experience stewarding because I'll be hosting a steward training the morning of both the prelims and the finals starting at 9:30am (show up at 9:15)

      This year I'm going to pre-match stewards to the beer categories they're interested in. In addition to stewarding we'll need a few people to wash and dry glasses as well as do the clerical/administrative work related to tallying up and managing the hundreds of score sheets generated by all the judges.

      So, if this sounds like something you'd like to do, head on over to the signup page and signup!

      There are 2 days that we'll need stewards for, the prelims and finals.

      Saturday April 7th 2012 : 9am - early afternoon : Oakland : Prelims
      Saturday April 14th 2012 : 9am - early afternoon : Oakland : Finals

      If anyone has questions, either check out the link above or feel free to email me.

      -Gene Wood

      http://www.bayareamashers.org/worldcup/World_Cup_2012_Stewards.htm