Fw: [madzymurgists] Oaktoberfest competition and festival

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2012
      Brewed any German style beers recently?
      Want to help out in the "Homebrew Alley" of the festival?

      Ping Jon Koerber,
      Roger.

      Just a quick reminder about the upcoming Oaktoberfest Competition and Festival coming soon in September and October.

      Oaktoberfest Beer Competition
      STYLES: All German styles listed below:
      1D. Munich Helles
      1E. Dortmunder Export
      2A. German Pilsner (Pils)
      3A. Vienna Lager
      3B. Oktoberfest
      4B. Munich Dunkel
      4C. Schwarzbier (Black Beer)
      5A. Maibock/Helles Bock
      5B. Traditional Bock
      5C. Doppelbock
      5D. Eisbock
      6C. Kölsch
      7A. Northern German Altbier
      7C. Düsseldorf Altbier
      15A. Weizen/Weissbier
      15B. Dunkelweizen
      15C. Weizenbock
      15D. Roggenbier (German Rye Beer)
      17A. Berliner Weisse
      22A. Classic Rauchbier
      22B. Other Smoked Beer*
      ENTRY WINDOW:  - Sept 8-16
      COST: - $7 per entry
      DROP-OFF: - Brewmaster in San Leandro, Oak Barrel in Berkeley, Good Brewer in Livermore, and HopTech in Dublin
      JUDGING: - Sept 29th in Pleasanton at HopYard

      Ribbons are awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in each category with a beautiful plaque going to the best of show winner.
      We will need Judges and Stewards for this 1/2 day judging event, so if you have some time free that Saturday morning, please contact me.

      Oaktoberfest in the Dimond Festival
      DATE: October 6th

      We will need volunteers to participate in our large multi-club booth to share beers with the public.  If you have a keg you would like to donate to this festival, and/or would like to participate in pouring samples for the public, please contact me.  This will be our third year at this festival and want to make sure we have a strong presence like we have in the past.

      Jon Koerber
      President, Mad Zymurgists
      (925) 244-1285 - home
      (510) 612-3610 - mobile