Fw: [Sudzers-members] Catalyst Brewing Company

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2012
      Check out Tyler's announcement folks!

      Tyler has always struck me as a level-headed guy, making some nice beers.

      This is quite an endeavor and could be a welcome enterprise on the peninsula.

      Contact Tyler if you have any services, suggestions, tips or questions.  Tyler Dassow <tyler_dassow@...>

      Cheers,
      Roger.

      .... I am working toward trying to launch a new South Bay Brewing venture:  Catalyst Brewing Company.  I am working on getting equipment put together.  I currently have a five barrel system (HLT, Mash Tun, & Kettle) and have a heat exchanger on its way.  If this dream is truly to become a reality I will probably have to tap some of your expertise, muscle, and possibly financial backing.

      I believe the brewery could be a great way to showcase some of the clubs best recipes.  I know I am craving our RIS as I write this email!  I know it is most of our dreams to brew a commercial batch and this might be a way to involve some of you.  Obviously that is the glamerous part and there would need to be many other things done to get this off the ground.

       Stainless Welding - Anybody good with a TIG setup?
      Brewery automation & control - I need controls installed to ignite the kettle and help automate some of the process
      Electrical / Plumbing / Refrigeration- It would be great not to have to pay someone $300 an hour
      Building - Walls will need to be put in and other things will have to be done
      Concrete Sawing or concrete pouring for trench drains
      Marketing - Spread the word (can your favorite bar put our beer on tap?)
      Many other tasks to numerous to mention at this point in time

      Currently I am contacting landlords / real estate agents to narrow down a space.  I am hoping for Sunnyvale, Mountain View or Santa Clara at this time.

      Please follow my Facebook page to watch the progress over the coming months.

      I know I have talked to some of you already in areas that you might be interested in helping with.  Please feel free to ping me with an email to chat further.

      Cheers,

      Tyler