      From: Brian Cooper <brewerbrian@...>
      To: Mad Zymurgists Yahoo Group <madzymurgists@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2013 11:38 AM
      Subject: [madzymurgists] Registration Live for Oaktoberfest 2013

      Fellow Homebrewers,

      The registration link for the Mad Zymurgists 2013 Oaktoberfest Homebrew Competition is now live at: www.madzymurgists.org/oaktoberfest.  If you have a German style beer you'd like to enter in our competition, you can get it registered now, and prepare it for submission (see rules for complete details and accepted styles).

      The entry window opens this Saturday, September 7th, and continues through Sunday, September 15th.  Please be sure to get your entries in during that window, to one of our 3 entry locations -- HopTech, Oak Barrel, or Brewmaster.

      This competition is held in conjunction with the Oaktoberfest festival, October 5th in the Dimond district of Oakland.  Judging will be held in Pleasanton, in advance of the festival. If you are a judge or steward who would like to help us with the judging on Sep. 28th, please contact us for details).  Awards will be announced live on the Main Stage at the festival itself, Oct. 5th, at 1:50pm.  Be there to claim your ribbons or perhaps even the coveted Best of Show plaque.

      Thank you in advance for your participation, and please help spread the word about this German beers only Homebrew competition.  Let's make this the biggest and best Oaktoberfest competition ever.

      Prost!
      Brian Cooper
      Mad Zymurgists

      Competition Organizer