Protocol question (0.6 draft)

  • yonatanoffek
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
      http://rfc-gnutella.sourceforge.net/src/rfc-0_6-draft.html says in section '2.2.7.3 When and how to respond with Query Hit messages' - "Servents MAY also require that all matching terms be present in the same number and order as in the query." I can't find any more details about this. Assuming I recieve a query for 'abc def' and I have a shared file called 'def abc', this suggests that I can either return a QueryHit or not, and both of these options are valid protocol implementations. For me, this doesn't make much sense. Am I missing something? Does anyone have a better explanation? Are there any existing (vendor-specific?) implementations of this?
    • torklingberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
        I think that when rfc-0_6-draft was written, servents behaved
        differently and there had not yet been a decision. I think nowadays
        , most servents will reply if all search terms are present, but do not
        require them to be present in any spcific order. Please correct me if
        I am wrong, developers.

      • Raphael_Manfredi@pobox.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2005
          Quoting torklingberg <klingber@...> from ml.gnutella.dev-forum:
          :I think that when rfc-0_6-draft was written, servents behaved
          :differently and there had not yet been a decision. I think nowadays
          :, most servents will reply if all search terms are present, but do not
          :require them to be present in any spcific order. Please correct me if
          :I am wrong, developers.

          You're correct Tor. At least, this is what gtk-gnutella has been
          doing for the last 3 years now.

          Raphael