Re: Shareaza should be banned (flames)

  • Vinnie <info@freepeers.com>
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 14, 2003
      --- In the_gdf@yahoogroups.com, "John Marshall" <swabby@c...> wrote:
      > Cant let this one slip by without responding.

      You could have just left it alone...but unfortunately you decided to
      have yourself added to the...
      [flames=on]
      RETARD LIST! YOU FUCKING IMBECILE! I DONT EVEN NEED TO ARGUE ON THE
      MERITS WITH YOU, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE **ONLY** JACKASS WHO OFFERRED TO
      IMPLEMENT G2 BEFORE THE SPECS WERE RELEASED! GUESS WHAT DUDE! YOUR
      CLIENT SUCKS A BIG FAT DONKEY'S DICK! NO WONDER MORPHEUS DUMPED IT
      LIKE THE STEAMING HALF COILED TURD THAT IT IS!
      [flames=off]
    • Steve Lamb
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 14, 2003
        Adam Fisk wrote:
        >Think about what this would mean if anyone in any other context did
        >something like this. In fact, it's what Microsoft does all the time --
        >polluting open standards with proprietary implementations to corner the
        >market. All I ask is that you pretend you had a fully mature Gnutella
        >client when MP came along. If you put yourself in that position, you
        >would realize, as I did, that MP was never intended for compatibility,
        >but was intended to give Shareaza a marketting and development advantage
        >over everyone else, to the detriment of open protocol development
        >everywhere and to the trust that ultimately underlies that development.

        Let's think about it. Let's talk Bearshare's security protocol without
        allowing other clients to prove themselves secure. I don't see Bearshare
        being booted out.

        If you think that G2 was introduced like it was to give Mike some sort of
        advantage I have to ask what reasons he would have to want such an advantage?
        With Vinnie it is clear, financial gain. With Microsoft it is clear,
        financial gain. With Mike there is no financial gain.

        Quite frankly after seeing the 'progress' here I know why it was done.
        Nothing was done here. Nothing was going to be done here. A break had to be
        made for one of two reasons.

        1: To get out of the stagnant rut.
        or
        2: To provide a catalyst to break the stagnant rut.

        You have to admit the entire G2 thing has lit more than a few fires around
        here.

        --
        Steve C. Lamb | I'm your priest, I'm your shrink, I'm your
        PGP Key: 8B6E99C5 | main connection to the switchboard of souls.
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 14, 2003
          Oh, boy.

          If you knew anything about anything, you'd know that Morpheus is now
          using GnucDNA again. Doh'. Now who's the "IMBECILE!".

          --- In the_gdf@yahoogroups.com, "Vinnie <info@f...>" <info@f...>
        • A. M. <ashitaka@attbi.com>
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 14, 2003
            --- In the_gdf@yahoogroups.com, "Vinnie <info@f...>" <info@f...> wrote:
            > "[completely relevant reason to ban Gnutella 0.6 if you're
            distributing MAGNET links]"

            > [completely irrelevant announcement that BearShare will be banning
            Raza from now on-- uploads and downloads, I presume]

            I support Vinnie's effort to deny Shareaza users the hundreds of
            megabytes in uploads which BearShare clients transfer from Shareaza
            clients daily.

            BTW, if I'm wrong and you will continue to support /downloading/ from
            Shareaza, I suggest you rename it "S****aza" in the search results and
            give it the lowest rating possible. It's be a great help! Thanks.
          • Vinnie <info@freepeers.com>
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 14, 2003
              --- In the_gdf@yahoogroups.com, "anenga2 <anenga@h...>" <anenga@h...>
              wrote:
              > Now who's the "IMBECILE!".
              [flames=on]
              YOU
              [flames=off]
            • Vinnie <info@freepeers.com>
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 14, 2003
                --- In the_gdf@yahoogroups.com, "A. M. <ashitaka@a...>"
                <ashitaka@a...> wrote:
                I'm not sure if you were pro-BearShare or pro-Shareaza, but in case
                you support Shareaza even in a tiny bit I wanted to give you a little
                something something...

                Is it just me, or...
                [flames=on]
                DO YOU HAVE 'SHIT' IN YOUR NAME? IS YOUR FAMILY FULL OF 'SHIT'? YEAH
                YOU, aSHITaka!
                [flames=off]

                If you are anti-Shareaza, disregard above.
              • Dave Nicponski
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 14, 2003
                  [QUOTE]
                  With Vinnie it is clear, financial gain. With Microsoft it is clear,
                  financial gain. With Mike there is no financial gain.
                  [/QUOTE]

                  How about this as the *true* alternative that I PERSONALLY can attest to:
                  The goal is security for the users. When the RIAA-bots are everywhere, and Gnutella is under massive attack, the BigRedSwitch will be thwrown, walling out the "evil ones."

                  Financial gain? Perhaps in as much as we would like to see current Gnutella users stay on Gnutella, not move to FastTrack, or emule, or DC, or anything else because of the attacks.

                  -dave-
                • A. M. <ashitaka@attbi.com>
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 14, 2003
                    --- In the_gdf@yahoogroups.com, "Vinnie <info@f...>" <info@f...> wrote:
                    > I'm not sure if you were pro-BearShare or pro-Shareaza, but in case
                    > you support Shareaza even in a tiny bit I wanted to give you a little
                    > something something...

                    I was rather pro-BearShare yesterday, because you were being more
                    rational than "certain people" and making very valid arguments.
                    However, today I have posted some of your flames here on the GDF to
                    the Shareaza and BearShare forums for comment. I guess that might make
                    me anti-BearShare or something. :)

                    --A.
                  • Vinnie <info@freepeers.com>
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 14, 2003
                      <ashitaka@a...> wrote:
                      > I was rather pro-BearShare yesterday, because you were being more
                      > rational than "certain people" and making very valid arguments.
                      > However, today I have posted some of your flames here on the GDF to
                      > the Shareaza and BearShare forums for comment. I guess that might
                      make
                      > me anti-BearShare or something. :)

                      Alright I don't really know what to do with you so I'll let you
                      decide, if you need a flame just send me an email and we'll take it
                      off-line.
                    • Agthorr
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 15, 2003
                        On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 05:20:07PM -0500, John Marshall wrote:
                        > The reason the rest of the specs have not been released is because of
                        > the GDF's inability to comment on them in a technical context.

                        I don't see how this can be determined before the specs are released.

                        Moreover, I'd be willing to bet that a useful subset of the GDF would
                        comment on them technically.

                        Protocol development requires asbestos skin :-)

                        -- Agthorr