Re: Seven Soldiers (epilogue)

  • len_snart
    Message 1 of 8023 , Jul 1, 2002
      Guys, I finally got a chance to read this whole thing this weekend.
      Gotta say, I liked it a lot! Reminded me of that first arc in the
      Infinity Inc book - where the new, fresh young heroes go up against
      their mentors' arch foe. Both showed good contrast between the older
      heroes and the new heroes.

      We're in the eighties here, so some of the young guns are gonna try
      and pick up where the old men have left off. The only difference with
      this over the Infinity Inc arc is that the Seven Soldiers aren't quite
      as aged as their JSA cohorts (thanks to the story in JLA #100 - I
      remember reading that one as a kid, got it from an older cousin who
      went off to college when I was six). Still, there is the generational
      differences and that's really what the E-2 site here celebrates,
      right?

      Hope we'll see more of these guys.

      len
    • the_time_trust_2000
      Message 8023 of 8023 , Sep 22, 2016
        Here's what I said about it at the time:

        The Reaper's appearance in this story is meant to be a "prequel", sort-of, to his reappearance on the Earth-2 scene in the present. I thought that would make a nifty Red Robin/Batwing story, if someone was interested in doing a take on the Batman: Year Two storyline...