CRIMSON TIDE 10

  • gdl629_19136
    Message 1 of 8023 , Jun 1, 2000
      Sandman and Dian had no time to SPARE, as the
      sirens blared in the distance. They loaded the lone
      survivor of the slaughtered street gang into the roadster
      and sped off into the night.<br><br>Wes removed his
      mask, and replaced his glasses. <br>"Turn RIGHT, the
      hospital's over the next block. We can leave him in the
      SLOWLY cracked open, and two robed creatures furtively
      emerged.<br><br>"Ssssoon�Dala�ssoon�our ARMY will EMERGE." Hissed the hooded
      man.<br>"Tomorrow, they will RISE, and will ADD to our
      RANKSSS�"<br><br>The hooded man and his companion crept into an
      unfinished abandoned tenement housing; a FILTHY room TEEMED
      with RATS, INSECTS, and GARBAGE. An assortment of food
      containers and drug paraphernalia lay broken around the
      mattresses. <br><br>In the corner of the entrance hall, a
      PILE of human bodies were strewn about, their unmoving
      forms STRANGELY AVOIDED by the
      me?!!" Exclaimed Clem Burke, gazing at the massacre
      before him. <br><br>He coughed HARD, more from the
      residue of his encounter with the Sandman yesterday, he
      rationalized, rather than his three-pack a day
      habit.<br><br>Four victims now, ADDED to the similarly murdered two
      back at the morgue. <br><br>The count was RISING, and
      STILL no CLUE as to the murderer or
      murderers.<br><br>Burke ALMOST found himself WISHING that The Sandman
      lock 'em ALL
    • the_time_trust_2000
      Message 8023 of 8023 , Sep 22, 2016
        Here's what I said about it at the time:

        The Reaper's appearance in this story is meant to be a "prequel", sort-of, to his reappearance on the Earth-2 scene in the present. I thought that would make a nifty Red Robin/Batwing story, if someone was interested in doing a take on the Batman: Year Two storyline...