Re: [The JSA All-Star Story Site] Re: There's Something About Geri, Part 14: One Night in Juvara

  • The Time Trust
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5, 2013
      A lot of the story consists of flashbacks to earlier times. The first chapter just happens to be the earliest flashback, from when Geri and Stanley were in high school, taking place just before Mister Terrific's death that year, as you note. They were 16 then, which makes them both 25 in 1988. Geri probably graduated early and went off to study at Oxford, while Stan would have at another year of high school to go through.

      --
      Cheers,
      Doc Quantum of The Time Trust

      www.5earths.info

      >________________________________

      to retire permanently from crime. The former Deadshot's whereabouts were currently unknown.

    • Frank Murdock
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 7, 2013
        Good stuff. How much of this story is taken from Something about...
        Suzie(?), the movie?

        On 4/5/13, The Time Trust <the_time_trust_2000@...> wrote:
        > A lot of the story consists of flashbacks to earlier times. The first
        > chapter just happens to be the earliest flashback, from when Geri and
        > Stanley were in high school, taking place just before Mister Terrific's
        > death that year, as you note. They were 16 then, which makes them both 25 in
        > 1988. Geri probably graduated early and went off to study at Oxford, while
        > Stan would have at another year of high school to go through.
        >
        > --
        > Cheers,
        > Doc Quantum of The Time Trust
        >

        > Read stories of your favorite DC Comics characters at the Five Earths
        > Project!
        > www.5earths.info
        >

        >>________________________________

        sincerely,

        Frank G. Murdock
        Acadiana Area Council of the Blind President and founder
      • The Time Trust
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 7, 2013
          Most of the present-day sequences are adapted from There's Something About Mary, except for the ones that deal with superhero stuff and agency scenes.

          All of the flashback/origin scenes, except for the high school scene at the beginning, are either original or based on existing Earth-2 stories. I just couldn't resist tying in a lot of Earth-2 continuity in this story. And there will be more to come, including an origin story for Miss Terrific based on what Libbylawrence has written about the character.

          The story might end up being one of the longest stories written for the Five Earths Project by the time I'm done. I'm only halfway through so far.

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 7, 2013
            Cool. thanks.