Re: [The JSA All-Star Story Site] Chicago Story: Beginnings Part 4

  • vendikarr_dewuff
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 25, 2013
      I love to name drop.

      Given the year the story is set, this Malone would be the father of Matches. Matches would be the referenced son.

      --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, The Time Trust <the_time_trust_2000@...> wrote:

      > I spotted the name Malone -- I'm guessing it's probably not a coincidence that he has the same name as "Matches" Malone from your Operation Liberty stories.
      >
      > --
      > Cheers,
      > Doc Quantum of The Time Trust
      >

      > Read stories of your favorite DC Comics characters at the Five Earths Project!
      > www.5earths.info

    • vendikarr_dewuff
      Message 2 of 18 , May 20 6:09 AM
        I am going over my story, and there is one thing I wanted to comment on here.

        In the early 1920s, I see Immortal Man focused on Vandal Savage for most of his existance. I know he did more for others in the 1960s, but that is not who he is in this story.

        By the end of this story, IM will feel a responsibility to others, and an expanded purpose, bringing him to be the person we know in the present.

        You're never too old to grow and learn.

        --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, The Time Trust <the_time_trust_2000@...> wrote:

        > One other thing: yes, Immortal Man is driven to thwart Vandal Savage's plans, and I think he spends a lot of time doing this, but I'd say the majority of his activities over the centuries have nothing to do with Savage. He's a wandering superhero.
        >
        > In his first appearances in Strange Adventures in the mid-'60s, for example, before his connections to Vandal Savage were established, Immortal Man simply had a series of adventures. He died quite frequently, too, and was reborn (though I tend to think that Immortal Man usually doesn't go through bodies at that quick a pace). He wasn't shown to be overly obsessive about anything, except he did fall in love with a woman in one incarnation and met her again in subsequent incarnations after the first one died. So I do think he has allowed himself time to have a life -- or lives, as it were -- between various campaigns against Savage.
        >
        > Given their long lifespans, I'd think that Immortal Man and Savage have lost track of each other's activities for years, decades, maybe even centuries at a time. So they were up to other things that had nothing to do with finding the other during those times.
        >
        > Anyway, just my two cents.
        >
        > --
        > Cheers,
        > Doc Quantum of The Time Trust
        >

        > Read stories of your favorite DC Comics characters at the Five Earths Project!
        > www.5earths.info

      • The Time Trust
        Message 3 of 18 , May 21 10:36 PM
          You're starting to sway me over to your way of thinking, Wuff.