Re: The Gray Ghost -- Part 5

  • ddswanson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2012
      Sandy, very action filled! I don't remember the whole story, but how did Buddy get one of Doc Savage's gas grenades?

      --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, "sandyhausler" <shausler@...> wrote:

      > Somehow this never got posted (and I had to recreate it because the flash drive on which I had saved it was damaged). At any rate, it's just a quick action sequence, but necessary to show how Buddy got out of his house without being killed by Hugo's men.
      >

      > When the bomb went off, Dumb and Dumber, the two cops did precisely what Hugo expected. The radioed in the incident, asking for help, and they went to investigate. This, of course, left Buddy's house unguarded. Hugo expected it would take five minutes, at the very least, for help to come. And by the time it came Buddy would be dead.
      > But Hugo assumed that Buddy had no other protectors. He did not know of the Gray Ghost. While the Ghost had no knowledge that the house next door would be blown up as a distraction, he knew something was coming. And when it did, he was prepared. He immediately took over Buddy's body.
      >
      > The Gray Ghost had anticipated that the easiest means of entry into the house would be through the kitchen door in the back of the house, so when two armed men broke in through that door, the Ghost was ready. He broke a wooden chair over the head of the first man and pushed him at the second, who fell back into Buddy's back yard. The man got off a shot, but because he was off balance, his shot went wild. And before he could get off a second shot, the Grey Ghost was on him, knocking him over and quickly kicking him in the head. That was two down and out.
      >
      > The Gray Ghost returned to the kitchen just as two more men, who had entered through the front burst into the room. Before a shot could be fired, the Gray Ghost scooped up a meat cleaver off of the kitchen counter and threw it at one of the men. The blade hit him squarely in the shoulder of his right hand, causing to drop the gun.
      >
      > The second shooter got off two shots, but the Ghost moved like lightning, dropping to the floor, opening a drawer in the cabinet, and pulling out what looked like a small glass marble, which he threw at the floor in front of the shooter, allowing a thick gas to envelop the shooter. The shooter, unable to breathe, fell to the floor. The Ghost kicked him as he left the room. He heard with satisfaction the crack of bone. "Good," he thought. "He won't be following me."
      > And then the Gray Ghost ran like at bat out of hell out the front door. He headed straight for the empty police car and got in.

    • sandyhausler
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2012
        Remember, we don't know who the Gray Ghost is? But you're right, I intended to insert a line that the Gray Ghost had prepared for this, but it seems I left it out. I will make that change and repost.

        Sandy Hausler