The Gray Ghost -- Part 11

  • sandyhausler
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2011
      The Gray Ghost recognized that his adversary wasn't a moron. Whoever was trying to get Buddy was pretty smart – and was likely being paid a tidy sum to succeed. So whoever was going to appear at the parking lot at midnight was not going to be that person. But that person would be nearby to make sure that the job he was hired to do got done.

      This of course meant that the Gray Ghost at the Shop-Mart, at least not as Bernie. He'd have to leave Bernie's body – Buddy could make sure that Bernie would not be in any position to cause trouble – and scout out the area in his ghostly form. Then once he saw how things really stood, he could take action.

      It meant playing things by ear, but the Gray Ghost had a very good ear. He had no doubt that things were going to come to a close in very short order.
    • Frank G. Murdock
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11, 2011
        Good to see this story continues forward. Eagerly anticipating the identity of the Grey Ghost. :-)

        /FM

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 11, 2011
          What makes you think you're going to see that?

          Sandy Hausler

          --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, "Frank G. Murdock" <bytor84@...> wrote:

          > Good to see this story continues forward. Eagerly anticipating the identity of the Grey Ghost. :-)
          >
          > /FM
        • Frank G. Murdock
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11, 2011
            What makes you think you're going to see that?

            I dunno. It's the silver age here.. and in the silver age such things were so cliche'.

            But seriously, it was something you kept talking about/eluding to early on when you first started this story.

            I just hope it's not a deceased Bruce Wayne. That would suck.

            /FM
            What makes you think you're going to see that?

            Sandy Hausler

            --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, "Frank G. Murdock" <bytor84@...> wrote:

            > Good to see this story continues forward. Eagerly anticipating the identity of the Grey Ghost. :-)
            >
            > /FM

          • ddswanson
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 11, 2011
              short and to the point, building suspense - wish I could do that.

              One sentence confused me:

              "This of course meant that the Gray Ghost at the Shop-Mart, at least not as Bernie."

              'couldn't show up at the Shop-Mart'?

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 13, 2011
                A phrase dropped out of this short segment. It's corrected below. Thanks for the heads up, Dan.

                Sandy Hausler

                The Gray Ghost recognized that his adversary wasn't a moron. Whoever was trying to get Buddy was pretty smart – and was likely being paid a tidy sum to succeed. So whoever was going to appear at the parking lot at midnight was not going to be that person. But that person would be nearby to make sure that the job he was hired to do got done.

                This of course meant that the Gray Ghost would not turn up at the Shop-Mart, at least not as Bernie. He'd have to leave Bernie's body – Buddy could make sure that Bernie would not be in any position to cause trouble – and scout out the area in his ghostly form. Then once he saw how things really stood, he could take action.