Continuity Questions

  • Dan Swanson
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2009
      When did Batman die? When did Catwoman die? I believe that Alfred Beagle has been rejuvenated by Odin's boon, hasn't he?

      Thanks!
    • Drivtaan
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2009
        Batman died in an issue of Adventure Comics, 462, I believe. I'm not sure when Catwoman died, but it was sometime before Batman died. Not sure about Alfred, either.
        Lee

      • da Cat!
        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2009
          --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, Drivtaan <drivtaan@...> wrote:

          > Batman died in an issue of Adventure Comics, 462, I believe. I'm not sure when Catwoman died, but it was sometime before Batman died. Not sure about Alfred, either.

          Time-wise, Batman died around 1979, and Catwoman died about 2 years before that.

          Alfred was rejuvenated, but is not all that young. I'd say late-40's or early 50's.

          da 'Cat!
        • jwweb2000
          Message 4 of 5 , May 17, 2009
            According to The Golden Age Batman Chronology, Selina died in late summer 1976, Huntress tracked doen the killers in '77, and Batman died in 1979.
          • starsky_hutch76
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2009
              --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, "da Cat!" <cjburke@...> wrote:
              > Alfred was rejuvenated, but is not all that young. I'd say late-40's or early 50's.
              >
              > da 'Cat!

              Agewise, that sounds about right for Alfred's rejuvenation. Prior to the rejuvenation, he was experiencing full-blown senility and Dick found himself having to play care-giver to the one who used to take care of him.

              When Jason Todd showed up in the Batcave, Alfred even mistook him for a young Dick Grayson and took him upstairs and made him a sandwhich.