I have returned

  • donbearden66
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2009
      Several years ago, I joined this group and the other 5 Earths groups out of curiosity under the name dontheelder. I may still be a member, but for the past six years, I have been inactive.

      Slightly over a year ago, my computer died and I have not been able to replace it. Now I only use the ones at the library and am allowed one hour a day. I only get to the library 2 or 3 times a week.

      In 2003, I wrote the Bat story in the Times Future. Since then I have re-written it to match a series I started for DC Elseworlds and made it a chapter of my "outline biography" of all the Batmen from 1938 to 2003 titled "What About the Bat", I also wrote a Superman bio entitled "Faster Than a Speeding Bullet". Both of these are available as PDF files in the DC Elseworlds Files section.

      I wrote a third story titled "Legion of the West", but have not been able to convert it to PDF yet because I still have no computer.

      "Faster than a Speeding Bullet" is formatted as a trade paperback over 300 pages in length. "What About the Bat" is a normal PDF file and "Legion of the West" can only be found by going over the message posts for 2006 and 2007. I hope to get some sort of computer and hook-up so I can post the compiled story as well.

      I have requested membership here again because I consider this one of the most interesting groups on Yahoo. I will be rejoining the other groups of the project shortly and may even do some more writing when I replace my computer.

      Don Bearden
    • Frank Murdock
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2009
        Welcome back, Don. We look forward to your stories.

        /FM

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2009
          Welcome back, Mr. Kot-tair!! Oh, wait. Wrong person. Well, the enthusiasm is the same. Seriously, though, Don, it's good to have you back.

          Lee

        • Dan Swanson
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2009
            I have Faster Than A Speeding Bullet (posted under a pen name, I believe) posted on a section of my own Web site as well, you can read it here:

            http://ladybearbooks.com/duncan/index.htm

            Dan