Mirror, Mirror Part 21

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 132 , Jul 2, 2008
      Part 21
      By the time T.J. and Kelli returned to Professor Van Ish's
      mirror room, Richard and the professor were finalizing the plans for
      the young man's trip. Dr. Occult looked up as they entered.

      "Have you seen any signs of life?" T.J. asked, as he approached
      the two men.

      "Still nothing," Richard answered, "but we did make an
      interesting discovery."

      "What is it?" Kelli asked.

      "In the time it took the two of you to go to the kitchen, gather
      the food, and return, two days have passed on our possible world,"
      Richard said.

      Kelli couldn't believe her ears. "But, we've only been gone for
      an hour."

      Van Ish shrugged. "The passage of time sometimes varies from
      dimension to dimension."

      T.J. looked at the basket of food. "If time is that much faster
      there, is this going to be enough for me and the dog?"

      "For your information," Robbie spoke up, "the "dog" has a name.
      And besides that, I don't need to eat anyway."

      "Sorry, Robbie," T.J. apologized. "With everything going on
      around here, you seem to be fairly normal. I'll try not to let it
      happen again."

      "Good enough," the robot dog replied.

      At that moment, a King of Spades came marching through the
      door. "I say," it said, in an absurdly thick British accent. "That
      gunslinger chap is requesting some assistance. It appears that that
      Morgauth cretin is advancing again."

      Everyone turned and started towards the door.

      "Not you," Richard said, putting a hand on T.J.'s shoulder. "You
      and Robbie should get going. If you see any signs of life, hurry back
      here and we'll see if we can find somewhere else."

      "Exactly how will we get back here?" Robbie asked.

      The professor slapped his forehead lightly, then turned to face
      his former captive. He reached into his pocket and withdrew a small
      mirror. He handed it to T.J.

      "Surely, you don't expect us to pass through a mirror this
      small," the young man said.

      "Why not?" Van Ish asked, then he grinned. "Actually, think of
      this as more of a radio. When you are ready to return, look into the
      mirror and call my name."

      Richard saw relief in his friend's face.

      "Well, Robbie," T.J. said, "are you ready?"

      "As ready as I'll ever be."

      "Whenever you are ready," the professor said, "all you have to
      do is step through."

      The two explorers approached the full-length mirror. T.J. took a
      deep breath, then took a step. In an instant, he and Robbie were
      somewhere else.
    • ddswanson
      Message 132 of 132 , Feb 2, 2009
        Nice powers, has that Demon Blue. Hope that slash doesn't bleed!

        Dan