Re: Legion of Justice - Battle In Limbo - Part 4

  • ddswanson
    Message 1 of 130 , Jul 1, 2007
      Thanks, Dave! Rex _is_ supposed to be the group genius, after all.
      He's certainly not the group's fighter.

      Dan

      --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, onlydavb
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > good chapter. I liked the way rex was so so clumxy when moving and
      he
      > is always coming up with something new.
      > Dave
      > --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, ddswanson
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The women Rex was following looked back and saw him. Some of
      them
      > ran
      > > away faster, while 3 turned to confront him. They shouldn't be
      able
      > > to see him while he was uptime! There must be something
      affecting
      > his
      > > power. He concentrated, trying again to activate his power, and
      he
      > > felt the 'bump' that normally accompanied moving from normal time
      > > uptime, and his vision dimmed as expected, but still they
      > advanced.
      > >
      > > "Who are you? Why are you attacking our leader?" one of them
      > asked.
      > > That tore it, there was no way the sound of her voice could have
      > > reached him if his power was working. He 'released' his power and
      > > felt the jolt that normally accompanied his return to the
      present,
      > and
      > > his vision cleared. He'd have to worry about his malfunctioning
      > > ability later; now he had to deal with these angry women.
      > >
      > > "Stop! I'm Timepiece, of the Legion of Justice from the 23rd
      > century.
      > > We're trying to prevent Vandal Savage from destroying the world."
      > >
      > > "The world is his, to do with as he wishes. You shall not stop
      > him!"
      > > They continued to advance. They didn't have any weapons, but any
      > > normal human could be dangerous to Timepiece if his power wasn't
      > working.
      > >
      > > "I said, Stop, or I'll have to stop you!" the hero threatened.
      They
> [...]
      if
      > he
      > > had no more strength. His teammates would have boggled at this -
      > > Timepiece had lost the use of his limbs years ago, and hadn't
      moved
      > > them since. With great effort, he dragged his hand across his
      belt,
      > > and it snagged on a switch. Suddenly the pain in his lower body
      > vanished!
      > >
      > > Now that he didn't have to fight the pain, Rex could concentrate
      on
      > > controlling his new exo-skeleton. So far, only the arms worked,
      and
      > > he'd had very little practice with the mental controls. He
      couldn't
      > > use his newly mobile arms around by just willing them to move; he
      > had
      > > to think out each and every move and frame a series of simple
      > commands.
      > >
      > > While he was still incredibly clumsy, the motors in the
      exoskeleton
      > > made him stronger than a normal human. He managed to grab both
      > ankles
      > > of the woman who was dragging him, and she stumbled and fell. He
      > > crawled up her body until the weight of the exoskeleton, some
      three
      > > times the weight of his own body, pinned her to the deck. A
      little
      > > cautious experimentation, and he was able to knock her
      unconscious,
      > > without, he hoped, doing her permanent damage.
      > >
      > > Even though he was using mechanical muscles to move around, Rex
      was
      > > almost exhausted by now. He dragged himself to the arm of the
      > chair,
      > > and touched the keyboard button that guided it to automatically
      > right
      > > itself, and dragged himself onto, but not into, the chair.
      > >
      > > The lack of pain in his lower body was not a good thing. He'd
      > > activated a small chip that was implanted in his spine, and that
      > chip
      > > blocked physical sensations. But he could have broken bones, and
      > torn
      > > muscles, and be bleeding in multiple locations, and he wouldn't
      feel
      > > it. In fact, he could see that a pool of blood was growing
      around
      > his
      > > lower body. He had to get to a medical facility as soon as
      > possible.
      > > He painfully dragged a device from a pocket on the chair and
      > dropped
      > > it, then activated his communicator.
      > >
      > > "Canary - I couldn't… reach the… people on board. Combat…
      damage.
      > > I've activated the… beacon. Returning to Knight…" he was silent
      for
      > > several seconds. "Base. Beck - med bots to the Transporter…

    • Drivtaan
      Message 130 of 130 , Jul 13, 2007
        Just read everything from the Flashback up to this chapter, and I was definitely entertained. I liked the explanation as to what Horus was going through--well done. This final chapter(?) has given me a couple of ideas, and, hopefully, a few others as well. I look forward to seeing if anyone does anythig with these characters.

        Driv