Re: [The JSA All-Star Story Site] What Dreams May Come

  • starsky_hutch76
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
      --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, "Ernie" <drivtaan@z...>
      wrote:
      > I'm glad you liked the story, and I appreciate the ideas for other
      stories.
      > Vigilante, huh? No promises, but I'll play around with the idea.

      I do agree that it would be out of character for the pre-Crisis Todd
      Rice ( or Todd Rice Scott as he's now known since JSAGL had Alan adopt
      him) to join a cult. It's only the post-Crisis DCU Todd that's a basket
      case thanks to some 90s hack writing. And there have been times I felt
      the need to iron out what I felt were continuity issues or fix things I
      felt were a problem in our shared multiverse here. However, I didn't
      say that the stories before had never happened. Perhaps this should be
      just the first chapter and you should add a few layers beyond "it was
      all just a dream".
    • christine nightstar
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 6, 2005
        I wanted to thank you for the acknowledgement of my Stories... and
        also add that one of the Dragons... Christopher Lee is in Gotham
        City and will be a Long time resident. It would be interesting to see
        a development between the two, since they both use Darkness
        manipulation among other things. For questions about Chris or any of
        the Lee Clan please ask. :) Chrissie

        --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, starsky_hutch76
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, "Ernie"
        <drivtaan@z...>
        > wrote:
        > > I'm glad you liked the story, and I appreciate the ideas for
        other
        > stories.
        > > Vigilante, huh? No promises, but I'll play around with the idea.
        > >

        > I do agree that it would be out of character for the pre-Crisis
        Todd
        > Rice ( or Todd Rice Scott as he's now known since JSAGL had Alan
        adopt
        > him) to join a cult. It's only the post-Crisis DCU Todd that's a
        basket
        > case thanks to some 90s hack writing. And there have been times I
        felt
        > the need to iron out what I felt were continuity issues or fix
        things I
        > felt were a problem in our shared multiverse here. However, I
        didn't
        > say that the stories before had never happened. Perhaps this should
        be
        > just the first chapter and you should add a few layers beyond "it
        was
        > all just a dream".
      • Lee
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 15, 2005
          I just wanted to say that, while I truly appreciate all of the
          positive feedback I received on this story, I no longer have any
          intention of posting it in the files to be archived. For those writers
          who might have had ideas to build upon events that were mentioned in
          it, this story is to considered merely an imaginary story and not an
          actual part of continuity.

          Thank you again for your comments.

          Drivtaan
        • starsky_hutch76
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 15, 2005
            I know at one point, you seemed to have some pretty ambitious plans in
            this direction. I hope you haven't totally abandoned them. If you'd
            like, it could be something we could even team-up on. We could discuss
            it further in e-mail or at the weekly chat.

            --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, "Lee" <drivtaan@z...>
            wrote:
            > I just wanted to say that, while I truly appreciate all of the
            > positive feedback I received on this story, I no longer have any
            > intention of posting it in the files to be archived. For those
            writers
            > who might have had ideas to build upon events that were mentioned in
            > it, this story is to considered merely an imaginary story and not an
            > actual part of continuity.
            >
            > Thank you again for your comments.
            >
            > Drivtaan
          • ladyobie33
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 3, 2005
              The weird part is how much this reminds me of my own similar
              situation: I spent about 3 years sporadically writing Obie fanfics
              for several sites & then fell out not due to lack of interest but
              moreso lack of free time (gotta love being an adult :oP).

              But the funny thing is my big time-eater for the past several
              months, a job, is likely on the verge of ending soon with only a
              vague possibility of one cropping up in it's place in the near
              future (may have to get my job search going).

              So perhaps I'll be able to take up with writing some Obie stories
              here again in the near future *crosses fingers*.

              And I adore the title What Dreams May Come. Did any of you guys see
              the awesome Robin Williams movie with that title? It had some of
              the coolest special effects.

              If Lee would rather his story stay a one-shot imaginary special
              that's fine.

              I can build from a different ground up ;o).

              Has there been anything else significant here with Todd over the
              past few months or is he just doing the Limbo rock (albeit in a
              slightly better place than his "real" DC counterpart)?

              If so feel free to toss me a few links or post numbers & I'll dig
              stuff up to see what's happening.

              If not, I'll just try to pick up from the last not-imaginary (heh)
              chapter with him :o).

              Lady Obie