Re: The Encounter - Part V

  • Dan Swanson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2005
      --- In theJSAallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, "Christian R.
      Jacobsen" <manomight1974@y...> wrote:

      > The problem was that he couldn't. So many things had happened
      > today, some of which he knew he had to make right, others that
      > absolutely incensed him. Not the least of which was the tone of
      > voice that his elder counterpart had spoken to him with when they
      > split up to handle this emergency.

      I'm hoping you explore this some more; it kind of suggests to me the
      theory that we guys grow up to become our fathers and sorta forget
      what it was like to be teens. Which is a depressing theory in some
      ways.

      > As he watched his son's future self trade blow after blow with the
      > huge white ape, he held back. He watched and waited. If it looked
      > like Superman-2 needed any help, he would fly in and save the day,
      > but for right now, he just wanted to see what his grown-up son
      could
      > do, and he smiled, knowing two things. One, that the man down
      there
      > fighting the Humanite was C.J.'s counterpart from the future, and
      > two, that if he was down there right now, then things were gonna be
      > all right.
      >
      > "Lois and I actually did something right," he said to himself as
      his
      > Kryptonian eyes continued to take in the battle raging below.

      I like the pride Superman 1 is taking in his adopted son. I'm just
      wondering if he is concerned at all that the Superman below is
      breaking the laws of time travel as he knows them?

      Very good story! There's a lot of threads woven into this tapestry,
      and every time I re-read it, I discover something I missed. There is
      a 'fractal' quality about it (if I may); there are neat sub-plots at
      many different levels and it is interesting and well thought out at
      each of those levels.

      Dan
    • Philip-Todd Franklin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2005
        Very nice chapter Chrissie, can't wait for more.
        "Christian R. Jacobsen" <manomight1974@...>