COMES A HERO-PART TWENTYSIX

  • BLACKWOLF
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      Officer Shila Holmes and Detective Harry Rheems devided one going to
      one side of the house inahbited by the man known as Flencer and the
      other going to the other side of that house.

      "Now I'm not one to pry or snoop you understand" The nice older
      woman was saying to Holmes "But something about that new neighbor of
      mine..."

      "He's an odd duck" The older black man was saying to Rheems.

      "I think I heard some children over there the other night and him
      never with a woman.."

      "He got some packages delivered recently and I saw him unloading some
      barrels that smelled like tanning solution like I use to work with as
      a young man back in Texas"

      "I couldn't swear to it of course it could have been the television.
      but I do declare I heard children there."

      "Sometimes I still smell that oder its acidic very acrid and having
      worked with it for years well you never forget that smell I tell you"

      "You really should be investigating why he a single man had children
      there. Now like I say I'm not one to spy but he's very secretive."

      "No one ever really sees him, keeps to himself a lot and this being a
      street mostly of retired people a young man like him stands out
      indeed"

      "Never a kind work to anyone,and he's never mowed that lawn of his!"

      "He's definitely doing something in that basement, I set in my
      kitchen and I see..."

      "Coming and going at all hours! Why just the other night before the
      storm..."

      "He was down there making a lot of racket and that smell! My god I
      had half a mind to..."

      "...See what he's up to I'm sure its no good!"

      "...And last week I swear someone drove my car while I was
      sleeping..."

      "I can't prove it of course but I think he took my car two nights
      ago, Now I'm an old lady but I can still..."

      "Eyesights still good,reflexes okay but I don't drive much and there
      was more milage ..."

      "And the gas was low."

      The uniform and the detective met back at thier cars and compared
      notes.
      "..without a warrent and we don't really have probable cause."
      "I know but the more I hear about him the more I really got an ache
      to talk to him downtown."
      "I hear you Harry I really do. But..." Holmes shrugged. "What can we
      do?"

      At that moment a large car pulled up behind thier squad car.
      Two familier looking women got out.
      "Mrs Durrel and Mrs Durrel wonder what brings them here?" Holmes aid
      to her partner.
      "Guess we'er about to find out."