The Piano Woman, Part 1

  • ladyobie33
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2004
      It was 8:00pm on a quiet Saturday in the local coffee house
      frequented mostly by a clientele of local college students.

      Fact is most of young people now there were those who had either had
      no other plans or just wanted to avoid the hustle & bustle most
      other places get at that time.

      They quietly sipped their beverages & munched on their sandwiches &
      baked goods.

      Soon they heard a couple of taps on the microphone that stood on the
      tiny stage in the corner.

      The place's owner, a graying middle-aged bespectacled man named
      Arthur Meddings, used that rather intrusive silence breaker to call
      attention to the stage.

      He cleared his throat, and then made an announcement to his patrons.

      "Hello! We're so glad to have you here in this find
      establishment."
      He said gleefully.

      "For your entertainment, we have a very talented young woman who
      lives in this area." He continued, "Her name is Frankie Kane
      & she's
      here to sing & play some pretty piano for you."
    • BLACKWOLF
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2004
        --- ladyobie33 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        Interesting start!