17183RE: Read "Showcase: Obsidian: The Piano Woman"

  • ladyobie33
    Oct 23, 2013

      Heh, I wrote and posted this story about 7-10 years ago but don't mind seeing it get more attention now.

      It actually is a focus on Frances more than Todd (with Todd being the main named supporting character - as in the one other readers would most recognize) and is just a vignette-style writing of a character's life outside of bashing supervillains and saving the world. I hope no one will be disappointed by the lack of current superhero action in this story.

      I've actually come to realize I'm more inclined to just write this kind of thing and not so much stuff with superheroes and villains knocking the crap out of each other and even more recent stories I've written have leaned this way.

      Also as an aside, things aren't as they used to be with Yahoo Groups. It seems like everyone is moving to Facebook, Twitter and so on.

      But I do have a lot of fond memories based in them and even if I don't have much time to post in my groups I do try and check in with them as much as I can, even if I just lurk in the shadows (pun definitely intended! LOL).

      Lady Obie

      ---In thejsaallstarstorysite@yahoogroups.com, <the_time_trust_2000@...> wrote:

      Showcase: Obsidian
      The Piano Woman
      by LadyObie33

      Months ago, Frances Kane awoke after having been impersonated by a being called the Phoenix for nearly a year as part of an attempt to gain the power of the Starheart, and she's been trying to get her life back in order ever since. Thankfully she has the help of a good friend in Obsidian of Infinity Inc.

      http://www.5earths.info/earth-2/showcase-e2-obsidian1987/
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic