a pulse

  • allweatherbill
    Message 1 of 18 , May 25 8:56 PM
      Hello out there are there any members who post anymore?
      I miss you guys especially the awd people.
      Bill, I still have my '89 steawd.
    • SAMUEL DONAHUE
      Message 2 of 18 , May 26 6:16 AM
        I still have a  1990 STE AWD have been wanting to sell

        ________________________________
        Hello out there are there any members who post anymore?
        I miss you guys especially the awd people.
        Bill, I still have my '89 steawd.

      • WILLIAM PINKSTONE
        Message 3 of 18 , May 26 9:16 AM
          Sam,
           Isn't that an SE model?  I'm afraid most folks don't know our cars exist and how neat they are.

          ________________________________
          I still have a  1990 STE AWD have been wanting to sell

          ________________________________
          Hello out there are there any members who post anymore?
          I miss you guys especially the awd people.
          Bill, I still have my '89 steawd.

        • Tim Stephenson
          Message 4 of 18 , May 26 9:16 AM
            Is it an STE or an SE ?

            Sent from my iPhone

            On May 26, 2013, at 6:16 AM, SAMUEL DONAHUE <hudsonmand@...> wrote:

            > I still have a 1990 STE AWD have been wanting to sell
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Teresa Wells
            Message 5 of 18 , May 26 9:35 AM
              I still have my 1988 base 6000. Needs another motor after an estimation of over 400,000 miles on it. Plan to replace motor when I can. It has been a great reliable car.

              Teresa

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 18 , May 26 6:00 PM
                it is the 90 pontiac 6000 with the AWD option which I beleave is an STE window sticker was 23000 in 1990 I am the third owner sense new needs TLC it is blue metalic with gold stripe ,pictures are in group I beleave located upstate PA

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 18 , May 26 6:08 PM
                  Ya I guess it is a SE AWD sticker is in pictures it was a little over 21000 new take care sam

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 18 , May 26 7:11 PM
                    Tree,
                      thanks for the input. That is a staggering amount of service for an '88 motor-I'm glad it didn't rust out on you along the way.
                    I admire your pluck in not just throwing it out but giving it a heart transplant in exchange for it's very loyal contribution.

                      Bill

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 18 , May 26 8:05 PM
                      Thank you, Bill. Plan to use the 6000 as a backup car. I have been driving a 1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the Pontiac's.

                      Teresa

                      ________________________________

                      I still have my 1988 base 6000. Needs another motor after an estimation of over 400,000 miles on it. Plan to replace motor when I can. It has been a great reliable car.

                      Teresa

                      ________________________________
                      On May 26, 2013, at 6:16 AM, SAMUEL DONAHUE <mailto:hudsonmand%40yahoo.com> wrote:

                      > I still have a 1990 STE AWD have been wanting to sell
                      >
                      > ________________________________

                    • Arthur Floyd
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 27 5:41 AM
                        Yes I still have my Texas owned Pontiac 6000 SE w AWD. I only use it in bad weather. Maybe I should consider selling it.   AJ/gmawdguy

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 18 , May 27 7:35 AM
                          In case anyone is interested I have a 2.5 four cylinder with transaxle out of a low mileage wreaked celebrity I will sell for 600 will not ship for pickup only in upstate PA, should fit a 6000 also, will need a waterpump (pulley was bent in accident ) has always been inside storage

                          ________________________________

                          I still have my 1988 base 6000. Needs another motor after an estimation of over 400,000 miles on it. Plan to replace motor when I can. It has been a great reliable car.

                          Teresa

                          ________________________________
                          On May 26, 2013, at 6:16 AM, SAMUEL DONAHUE <mailto:hudsonmand%40yahoo.com> wrote:

                          > I still have a 1990 STE AWD have been wanting to sell
                          >
                          > ________________________________

                        • kingsbur97
                          Message 12 of 18 , May 27 1:56 PM
                            still holding on to my '85 STE. Every time I consider selling it, I get in and go somewhere... then it's like no way... I wanna keep it. 174,000 but the odometer failed a year ago

                            Message 13 of 18 , May 27 2:21 PM
                              Hi,
                                the ste is a great car isn't it?  I had an 87 at one time and I remember calling my kids into the dark garage just to see the reset display-it still reminds me of Christmas.  my '89 awd has some surface rust,needs paint,pinstripes, and an engine detail but if I can get all that done, It's show ready.

                                 Bill, also an x-11 devotee

                              ________________________________

                              Message 14 of 18 , May 27 2:41 PM
                                Hi AJ,
                                  so you have a '90, very good. I recognize your name  from the x-11 side.  I use my '90se for an everyday driver and it looks like it will outlast me. Did you notice that '90se that went on ebay about a year or so ago?  It was an incredibly low miled car in showroom condition offered from a private collector/investor.  Sadly enough, it garnered minimal attention, and low bidding- it topped out at $6000 and of course failing to get near reserve never sold. I kind of doubt if they will ever reach a good collector value and I have a hard time with that considering their limited production-especially the '88-'89 vesions. These cars are actually rarer than x-11's in my mind.  It's a double edged sword isn't it.  They are awe inspiring in bad weather and yet you hate to use them in winter so they stay nice.  As far as I know there are no production numbers available for '90, since awd was changed to  a package rather than a specific model in that
                                year, the last.

                                    Pa Bill
                                  Arthur Floyd <gmawdguy@...>

                                Message 15 of 18 , May 27 2:44 PM
                                  I hear you.  The ste fits like a glove doesn' it.
                                    Bill

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 18 , May 27 2:59 PM
                                    Yes I agree. Without a doubt the AWD 6000's are far rarer than the X/11's and I have both PLUS the VR wagon!   A.J./gmawdguy

[...]

                                      Arthur Floyd <mailto:gmawdguy%40yahoo.com>
                                    Yes I still have my Texas owned Pontiac 6000 SE w AWD. I only use it in bad weather. Maybe I should consider selling it.   AJ/gmawdguy

                                  • Richard Pinzon
                                    Message 17 of 18 , May 29 12:38 PM
                                      I have a 1983 6000 LE I am trying to restore. The door panels are pretty rusty. Anyone know where I can get some decent doors?

                                      Message 18 of 18 , May 29 1:46 PM
                                        Nah, sorry, both my 6000's are running.