How to check idle speed solenoid?

  • alex_van_gee
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2011
      Hello. Can anyone tell me how to check idle speed solenoid and how it actually should work?
      I have a huge loss of idle speed when move the transaxle lever from Park to any drive position (O, D, R, 1, 2), while holding my foot on the brake pedal. Sometimes engine even stalls. Could this be because of bad solenoid or not? What should maintain idle speed when you switch from P or N into D position?