1986 6000LE manual download

  • alex_van_gee
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 21, 2010
      Hello! I've bought the car a week ago. I've already ordered original owner's manual from Canada but it'll take a month or even more to ship it from Canada to Russia. I really need to read it now, so can anyone help me to download electronic version if it's exist? I can't find anything by myself.
      I need to read about what type of fuel is better to this car, what type of oils, how often to change all liquids and oils , e.t.c. Also I still didn't get how to start engine properly. Sometimes engine stops while I'm driving and I need to start it again - maybe it's because of dirty air filter (already ordered a new one), but possibly I'm just doing something wrong. Plus I need to replace one lamp (left front turning light), but can't understand hot to do that.
      So while I'm waiting ordered manual to be shipped it would be great to read pdf version.
      Can you help me, please?
    • Gino Grenier
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 21, 2010
        I have the original manual and it won't tell you nothing about trouble shooting,
        just maintenance and so.
        Try to go online and find the "Haynes" repairs manual, try to Google it, this
        manual has everything.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 21, 2010
          Well, I know about Haynes manual, but it's also hard to find where to download it, only where to buy. And again, it'll take more than month to deliver it to me.
          And my questions right now lay exactly in maintenance and owning area. I need to replace some lights and read how to start engine properly. And I need to know more about using conditioning system.

          --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, Gino Grenier <ginomcc@...> wrote:

          > I have the original manual and it won't tell you nothing about trouble shooting,
          > just maintenance and so.
          > Try to go online and find the "Haynes" repairs manual, try to Google it, this
          > manual has everything.
        • Brian R
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 21, 2010
            Maintenence is pretty straight foward on these cars..

            Oil Grade: 10w30 or 5w30 depending on weather.
            Oil Change interval is 3000 miles or 3 months, which ever comes first.
            Tranny service is every 15000 miles or once a year
            Cooling system service is 50000 miles or once every 5 years
            Fuel Recomended is 87 Octane or higher.

            As far as the engine stalling, you would have to explain more. It sounds like
            you have a TCC issue, but would need to know the exact details of when it
            stalls, what you are doing, and what it takes to get it back going again.

            Brian

            ________________________________
            Well, I know about Haynes manual, but it's also hard to find where to download
            it, only where to buy. And again, it'll take more than month to deliver it to
            me.
            And my questions right now lay exactly in maintenance and owning area. I need to
            replace some lights and read how to start engine properly. And I need to know
            more about using conditioning system.

            --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, Gino Grenier <ginomcc@...> wrote:

            > I have the original manual and it won't tell you nothing about trouble
            >shooting,
            >
            > just maintenance and so.
            > Try to go online and find the "Haynes" repairs manual, try to Google it, this
            > manual has everything.

          • alex_van_gee
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 22, 2010
              Thank you, Brian. About engine oil and gasoline I've already read in Chilton's manual (thanks to a-body.net for link). And now I'm confused, 'cause previous owner told me this car can use both 80 and 92 octane gasoline. And now my fuel tank is full of 80's gas. I'm afraid it could cause problems.

              If you could please tell me how to start engine properly. I do it this way. First, I move two pins on air conditioning system to the right position (upper to the windshield glass pictogram, lower to the HOT position). Then I turn the key and wait for the buzzer to shut. As soon it shuts, I turn the key and crank the engine for couple of seconds, pushing the gas pedal and wait engine to start. After this I am pushing gas sometimes so engine can continue working. If not touching gas pedal, engine stalls very soon. It looks like it has low idle. After this I wait when heater blows warm air on the windshield and start driving. If I turn the upper pin of air conditioning system to the ECONOMY/HTR position instead of windshield pictogram, engine can stalls while driving.

              I think it may be problem with an air filter, cause it's very dirty and maybe engine just don't get enough air. I will order air filter, but it'll take a lot of time to deliver.

              I've found engine start instruction on the back of the sun visor and it says
              1) depress gas pedal slowly and release it;
              2)crank engine to start;
              3)DO NOT push pedal while cranking.
              I've tried to do this way, but it seems my car won't start if I do not push pedal.

              Could you please tell me how you start your engine when it's cold and warm? And what positions I should have on air conditioning system when start the engine?

              P.s. Sorry for my English =)

              --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, Brian R <lapurr_n_smurf@...> wrote:

              > Maintenence is pretty straight foward on these cars..
              >
              > Oil Grade: 10w30 or 5w30 depending on weather.
              > Oil Change interval is 3000 miles or 3 months, which ever comes first.
              > Tranny service is every 15000 miles or once a year
              > Cooling system service is 50000 miles or once every 5 years
              > Fuel Recomended is 87 Octane or higher.
              >
              > As far as the engine stalling, you would have to explain more. It sounds like
              > you have a TCC issue, but would need to know the exact details of when it
              > stalls, what you are doing, and what it takes to get it back going again.
              >
              > Brian
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Brian R
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 22, 2010
                Sounds like you have a E2SE Carb 2.8 car. If so, it sounds like your choke may
                not be working. Can you please verify which engine you have, CARB or EFI. I can
                help with EFI, but not CARB.

                Brian

                ________________________________
                Thank you, Brian. About engine oil and gasoline I've already read in Chilton's
                manual (thanks to a-body.net for link). And now I'm confused, 'cause previous
                owner told me this car can use both 80 and 92 octane gasoline. And now my fuel
                tank is full of 80's gas. I'm afraid it could cause problems.

                If you could please tell me how to start engine properly. I do it this way.
                First, I move two pins on air conditioning system to the right position (upper
                to the windshield glass pictogram, lower to the HOT position). Then I turn the
                key and wait for the buzzer to shut. As soon it shuts, I turn the key and crank
                the engine for couple of seconds, pushing the gas pedal and wait engine to
                start. After this I am pushing gas sometimes so engine can continue working. If
                not touching gas pedal, engine stalls very soon. It looks like it has low idle.
                After this I wait when heater blows warm air on the windshield and start
                driving. If I turn the upper pin of air conditioning system to the ECONOMY/HTR
                position instead of windshield pictogram, engine can stalls while driving.

                I think it may be problem with an air filter, cause it's very dirty and maybe
                engine just don't get enough air. I will order air filter, but it'll take a lot
                of time to deliver.

                I've found engine start instruction on the back of the sun visor and it says
                1) depress gas pedal slowly and release it;
                2)crank engine to start;
                3)DO NOT push pedal while cranking.
                I've tried to do this way, but it seems my car won't start if I do not push
                pedal.

                Could you please tell me how you start your engine when it's cold and warm? And
                what positions I should have on air conditioning system when start the engine?

                P.s. Sorry for my English =)

                --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, Brian R <lapurr_n_smurf@...> wrote:

                > Maintenence is pretty straight foward on these cars..
                >
                > Oil Grade: 10w30 or 5w30 depending on weather.
                > Oil Change interval is 3000 miles or 3 months, which ever comes first.
                > Tranny service is every 15000 miles or once a year
                > Cooling system service is 50000 miles or once every 5 years
                > Fuel Recomended is 87 Octane or higher.
                >
                > As far as the engine stalling, you would have to explain more. It sounds like
                > you have a TCC issue, but would need to know the exact details of when it
                > stalls, what you are doing, and what it takes to get it back going again.
                >
                > Brian
                >

                > ________________________________

              • alex_van_gee
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 22, 2010
                  Yes, I have carb 2.8. I'll read about choke, thanks.

                  --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, Brian R <lapurr_n_smurf@...> wrote:

                  > Sounds like you have a E2SE Carb 2.8 car. If so, it sounds like your choke may
                  > not be working. Can you please verify which engine you have, CARB or EFI. I can
                  > help with EFI, but not CARB.
                  >
                  > Brian
                • Tim Anderson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 22, 2010