Greetings and Hello To All !!!

  • James Mcginty
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25 7:24 PM
      Greetings everyone out there!!! I am a new member to your site,but i am a Proud Owner of a 1989 Pontiac 6000 "SE" which i have had since 1995(!)I purchased this car used and when purchased had a little over 85,000 miles on it.Now,15 years later we are up to 160,000 miles and still going strong.I look for the 6000s where ever i go,but i just dont see many of them anymore,at least here in the New York City area where i live.I found this site by browsing the 'Net,so here i am.
      And now,a question to those in the "Know" out there:I am looking for a replacement body trim part,specifically the "Belt Trim" on the Driver's side door that was added to the STE and SE version of this car.I tried looking on eBay with no success.Anyone out there who might know where i can obtain this body part detail item please,let me know,and Thank You in advance for any help you can give me!!! I hope that there is still some interest in to what i feel is one of Pontiac's "Best"...
    • Brian R
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25 10:21 PM
        A Pic of the part you are looking for, or at least, where it "was" located in
        your car, would help us greatly.

        Anyways, welcome to the forum, and post often!

        Brian

        The 6000 Club Moderator Team

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 27 4:15 PM
          Greetings All and Thank You for welcoming me to your forum!!! The "Part" i am looking for is a piece of the "Belt Trim" which is found on the Driver's side door and sits just below the window.This item is on all four doors but the one on my car is cracked and i need to replace it.I hope i am describing it properly...As i mentioned,this option was only found on the "SE" and "STE" models of the 6000.I tried looking on eBay,with no luck.I need just that one part for the Driver's side Front door on my car,as all of the the others are in good shape.Any help you guys can give me would be most appreciated!!!