1989 6000 LE wiring problem

  • Robert Lockerman
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
      I just bought a 1989 Pontiac 6000 LE and I already love this car, but
      it came with no stereo it had been cut out. I already have a stereo
      from my old car but I need to know what the wires are Power, ground,
      speakers ect. I know i can buy a haynes manual but im broke so i was
      wondering if someone could tell me what color means what or send me a
      pic of what i need out of the manual. please help.
    • G E
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
        hope this helps..
        http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/1840.html

        1988-89 Pontiac 6000 Stereo Wiring

        Constant 12V+
        Orange

        Switched 12V+
        Yellow

        Ground
        Black

        Illumination
        Gray

        Dimmer
        Brown

        Antenna Trigger
        Pink

        Antenna
        Right Rear

        Front Speakers
        4" x 6" Dash

        Left Front (+)
        Tan

        Left Front (-)
        Gray

        Right Front (+)
        Light Green

        Right Front (-)
        Dark Green

        Rear Speakers
        6" x 9" Rear Deck

        Left Rear (+)
        Brown

        Left Rear (-)
        Yellow

        Right Rear (+)
        Dark Blue

        Right Rear (-)
        Light Blue

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
          Thx alot! it really helped and now I have music!!!! I was so tired of
          listening to the wind. Thanks again.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2009
            Super cool.. Enjoy the music and the Pontiac..