Body Repair Opinion Requested

  • freeyoursong
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2008
      Someone did a hit and run on my '88 6000 LE. My collision deductible
      is too high to handle right now, so I'm going to take it to a backyard
      autobody guy.

      The creep smashed into the driver's side bumper and dislodged about
      one third of it. The frame around the headlight is broken, but the
      headlight is fine. The car is fully drivable, but the bumper droops
      about 2" on the left.

      Any advice for finding and knowing if a backyard guy knows what he's
      talking about? Things you can tell me about the front end structure?

      The car will never look new again, as it has other dings I won't
      bother fixing. It just has to be presentable and not droop like an old
      man's mustache.

      Reisa