What is an STE worth?

  • rockinrye
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3 4:50 PM
      I may have an opportunity to pick up a 89 or 90 blue STE. Doesn't look
      like it runs, a fender and the front bumper & grille are missing. But
      the AWD stuff is there and so are the rear discs. Is there any demand
      for STE parts and what's it worth?

      Thx
    • Arthur Floyd

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3 10:49 PM
          Not running? Probly about 500 or so in good condition. Less if not. These cars arent hard to get running thou, just have to diagnose the problem.

          brian

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4 6:37 AM
            I paid $350 for my red one which was running, and $250 for the blue
            one which wasnt. After both of those experiances I would say I still
            paid a little too much (I also had to go get them so that added to my
            cost) for the ammount I had to put into the red one to get it into a
            good condition to drive. Blue one will end up the same way. Things
            that commonly go wrong with the STEs are expensive / rare to find to
            fix. They are prolly worth more in parts although I dont want to part
            out either of mine. I like the challenge.

            --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, Brian R <lapurr_n_smurf@...> wrote:

            > Not running? Probly about 500 or so in good condition. Less if not.
            These cars arent hard to get running thou, just have to diagnose the
            problem.

            > brian

          • Mike the Nick
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4 8:29 AM
              Unfortunately these cars were pretty neat when new(er), the
              engineering was good but the execution "not so good". Parts now are
              not available or when found are very expensive. Catastrophic failure
              reduces the value to zip. If you want to restore one and not drive it
              that would be one thing although they won't ever be worth much. I
              miss mine a lot but I couldn't maintain it as a driver. I'd buy it
              for parts and probably part it out. Worth maybe $250. One man's
              opinion. Mikes

              --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, "rockinrye" <rockinrye@...> wrote:

              > I may have an opportunity to pick up a 89 or 90 blue STE. Doesn't look
              > like it runs, a fender and the front bumper & grille are missing. But
              > the AWD stuff is there and so are the rear discs. Is there any demand
              > for STE parts and what's it worth?
              >
              > Thx

            • rockinrye
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5 9:23 AM
                OK then.
                Sounds like a deal if I can get it for the right price.
                I'll post parts here if it works out.

                Thank You

                --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, "Mike the Nick" <mikenic@...>
                wrote:

                > Unfortunately these cars were pretty neat when new(er), the
                > engineering was good but the execution "not so good". Parts now are
                > not available or when found are very expensive. Catastrophic
                failure
                > reduces the value to zip. If you want to restore one and not drive
                it
                > that would be one thing although they won't ever be worth much. I
                > miss mine a lot but I couldn't maintain it as a driver. I'd buy it
                > for parts and probably part it out. Worth maybe $250. One man's
                > opinion. Mikes
                >

                > --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, "rockinrye" <rockinrye@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I may have an opportunity to pick up a 89 or 90 blue STE.
                Doesn't look
                > > like it runs, a fender and the front bumper & grille are
                missing. But
                > > the AWD stuff is there and so are the rear discs. Is there any
                demand
                > > for STE parts and what's it worth?
                > >
                > > Thx

              • WILLIAM PINKSTONE
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 5 9:39 PM
                  i agree to a point but i still have an 89ste and a 90se that are running and that i still enjoy.
                  in my case i have to pay for fixings as i am about as handy as a dead rat.i guess they are kind of an addiction in a way. i know once you experience these cars,you are hooked

                  Pa bill

                  wrote:

                  > Unfortunately these cars were pretty neat when new(er), the
                  > engineering was good but the execution "not so good". Parts now are
                  > not available or when found are very expensive. Catastrophic
                  failure
                  > reduces the value to zip. If you want to restore one and not drive
                  it
                  > that would be one thing although they won't ever be worth much. I
                  > miss mine a lot but I couldn't maintain it as a driver. I'd buy it
                  > for parts and probably part it out. Worth maybe $250. One man's
                  > opinion. Mikes
                  >

                  > --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, "rockinrye" <rockinrye@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I may have an opportunity to pick up a 89 or 90 blue STE.
                  Doesn't look
                  > > like it runs, a fender and the front bumper & grille are
                  missing. But
                  > > the AWD stuff is there and so are the rear discs. Is there any
                  demand
                  > > for STE parts and what's it worth?
                  > >
                  > > Thx

                • Don
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 6 7:14 AM
                    I cant argue there, everyone I know keeps telling me to just junk them
                    but after driving Ruste last year I just cant do it!! I love him even
                    though he has been broken for so long.

                    --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, WILLIAM PINKSTONE <cpinkstone@...>