Any tips on finding an AWD 6000?

  • aannwwaarr
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
      I've been looking for an AWD 6000 for some time, and they are quite
      difficult to come by, any tips?

      Also, I know someone who has an AWD 6000 (well i dont know them, but i
      see the car near my school all the time) would it be illegal for me to
      put a piece of paper on it saying 'would you be interested in selling
      this, call XXX-XXX-XXXX'?

      thanks
    • imaboveit
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
        --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, aannwwaarr <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I've been looking for an AWD 6000 for some time, and they are quite
        > difficult to come by, any tips?
        >
        > Also, I know someone who has an AWD 6000 (well i dont know them, but i
        > see the car near my school all the time) would it be illegal for me to
        > put a piece of paper on it saying 'would you be interested in selling
        > this, call XXX-XXX-XXXX'?
        >
        > thanks

        Certainly not!! you would not believe how many cars I've scored that
        way...the worst that can happen is they'll crumple it up & toss it.
        You may also want to post on Craigslist under Cars Wanted. They're out
        there, just have to be persistent!
        Jay
      • Arthur Floyd

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
            I have a 6000 AWD 1990 for sale in upstate pa will
            take 1500 if sold this month call cell at 1 570 396
            0988 if interested
            --- aannwwaarr <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > I've been looking for an AWD 6000 for some time, and
            > they are quite
            > difficult to come by, any tips?
            >
            > Also, I know someone who has an AWD 6000 (well i
            > dont know them, but i
            > see the car near my school all the time) would it be
            > illegal for me to
            > put a piece of paper on it saying 'would you be
            > interested in selling
            > this, call XXX-XXX-XXXX'?
            >
            > thanks

          • Don
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
              Would you post some more info for us please? Or do you have pictures
              in the gallery?

              --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, SAMUEL DONAHUE <hudsonmand@...> wrote:

              > I have a 6000 AWD 1990 for sale in upstate pa will
              > take 1500 if sold this month call cell at 1 570 396
              > 0988 if interested
              > --- aannwwaarr <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              >
              > > I've been looking for an AWD 6000 for some time, and
              > > they are quite
              > > difficult to come by, any tips?
              > >
              > > Also, I know someone who has an AWD 6000 (well i
              > > dont know them, but i
              > > see the car near my school all the time) would it be
              > > illegal for me to
              > > put a piece of paper on it saying 'would you be
              > > interested in selling
              > > this, call XXX-XXX-XXXX'?
              > >
              > > thanks

              knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

            • SAMUEL DONAHUE
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 4, 2007
                the car is in what i think fairly decent shape it does
                have an R title in pennsylvania as was in minor
                accident when daughter drove it to school state farm
                would not fix it so i bought it back fixed it myself
                email me at samueldonahue@... and i will send
                pictures if interested it has coil overs on rear as
                rear strut blew out otherwise all orginal still have
                orginal window sticker when new
                --- Don <djohnson14@...> wrote:

                > Would you post some more info for us please? Or do
                > you have pictures
                > in the gallery?
                >
                > --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, SAMUEL DONAHUE
                > <hudsonmand@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I have a 6000 AWD 1990 for sale in upstate pa will
                > > take 1500 if sold this month call cell at 1 570
                > 396
                > > 0988 if interested
                > > --- aannwwaarr <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                > >
                > > > I've been looking for an AWD 6000 for some time,
                > and
                > > > they are quite
                > > > difficult to come by, any tips?
                > > >
                > > > Also, I know someone who has an AWD 6000 (well i
                > > > dont know them, but i
                > > > see the car near my school all the time) would
                > it be
                > > > illegal for me to
                > > > put a piece of paper on it saying 'would you be
                > > > interested in selling
                > > > this, call XXX-XXX-XXXX'?
                > > >
                > > > thanks

                > > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel
                > answers from someone who
                > knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

                http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/
              • Brian R
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 4, 2007
                  COIL OVERS?!?!?!

                  Where did you get these from?

                  Brian

                  email me at samueldonahue@ hotmail.com and i will send

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 4, 2007
                    I think I know this car. You have been trying to sell it on ebay or
                    cars.com or somewhere before. PA, R title and rear "coilovers" rings a
                    bell. You have been listing it for $2k and its blue right? IMHO that
                    is too high for a car such as yours. That is just my OPINION but good
                    luck.
                  • SAMUEL DONAHUE
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 5, 2007
                      used small rear coils from car in boneyard built my
                      own car handles like it is on rails but rides like a
                      truck reminds me of ride of 58 vette freind of mine
                      had i have had car for sale on other sites never on
                      ebay nor do i think it will be as far as condition of
                      car it has a near perfect interior a little minor
                      surface rust on rear door and i replaced rh front
                      fender and hood with rust free parts after accident
                      hood actually is aluminum as it is off 1982 diesel
                      6000 which they used for weight reduction car is in
                      great shape for year and well worth 1500 i have
                      orginal winsow sticker and orginal gm service manuel
                      to go with car if i dont get that for it the car will
                      set untill i do or it rots to the ground i have sold a
                      lot of collector cars from my 56 tbird to a 66 gto
                      convert and this car is an excellent investment for
                      price for the right person cant do anything but go up
                      in value so he who snoozes looses in my 40 years of
                      fooling with cars have been told many times cars i
                      bought were not worth the money like the 57 ford
                      convertible i bought out of junk yard for 300 sold for
                      3000 if looking for an investment this is a good one
                      but it is not a firesale take care sam --- Brian R

                      http://farechase.yahoo.com/
                    • RS
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 6, 2007
                        hi,
                        i have a 1988 awd 6000 for sale. i was selling it as a "parts car"
                        cuz the body is pretty rusty and it has 130,000 miles on it. i live
                        in SE wisconsin. lemme know if you are interested. was asking
                        $900...would consider less if i can find it a good home!!!
                        RS

                      • william.lucke@highspeedlink.net
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 7, 2007
                          130K is nothing for those cars... mine has 235K (miles) on it and the end
                          is not in sight.

                          William

                          > 2a. Re: Any tips on finding an AWD 6000?
                          > Posted by: "RS" stegersaurus97@... stegersaurus97
                          > Date: Sat Oct 6, 2007 5:03 pm ((PDT))
                          >
                          > hi,
                          > i have a 1988 awd 6000 for sale. i was selling it as a "parts car"
                          > cuz the body is pretty rusty and it has 130,000 miles on it. i live
                          > in SE wisconsin. lemme know if you are interested. was asking
                          > $900...would consider less if i can find it a good home!!!
                          > RS
                          >

                          > --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, aannwwaarr <no_reply@...> wrote:
                          >>
                          >> I've been looking for an AWD 6000 for some time, and they are
                          > quite
                          >> difficult to come by, any tips?
                          >>
                          >> Also, I know someone who has an AWD 6000 (well i dont know them,
                          > but i
                          >> see the car near my school all the time) would it be illegal for
                          > me to
                          >> put a piece of paper on it saying 'would you be interested in
                          > selling
                          >> this, call XXX-XXX-XXXX'?
                          >>
                          >> thanks
                        • aannwwaarr
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 9, 2007
                            do you have any pics of this car?

                            thanks

                            --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, "RS" <stegersaurus97@...> wrote:

                            > hi,
                            > i have a 1988 awd 6000 for sale. i was selling it as a "parts car"
                            > cuz the body is pretty rusty and it has 130,000 miles on it. i
                            live
                            > in SE wisconsin. lemme know if you are interested. was asking
                            > $900...would consider less if i can find it a good home!!!
                            > RS
                            >

                            > --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, aannwwaarr <no_reply@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I've been looking for an AWD 6000 for some time, and they are
                            > quite
                            > > difficult to come by, any tips?
                            > >
                            > > Also, I know someone who has an AWD 6000 (well i dont know them,
                            > but i
                            > > see the car near my school all the time) would it be illegal for
                            > me to
                            > > put a piece of paper on it saying 'would you be interested in
                            > selling
                            > > this, call XXX-XXX-XXXX'?
                            > >
                            > > thanks

                          • Rhonda Steger
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 10, 2007
                              yep. what's your email address? or can i post them on the club site somewhere?

                              aannwwaarr <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: do you have any pics of this car?