Re: [The 6000 Club] Re: Bonneville Or Gran Prix Rear Struts On STE w AWD

  • Fuzzie Dice
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2006
      --- Ken Lane <kenlane5@...> wrote:

      > My knowledge of the 6000 STE is restricted to my R&D days sorry.

      That's ok... thought I'd ask. :) I'm a big fan of these cars, myself. Some day
      I hope to find out all I can about them.

      ~ Fuzzie Dice ~
      ByteBin.Net
      FuzzieDice.com
      A-Body.Net
      Digital Girl Artificial Intelligence Forum:
      http://www.digitalgirl.co.uk/

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Christopher Ray
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2006
        The distance between the two mounting holes are different too. They are much closer on the Bonneville strut, and drilling out another hole isn't an option because the bracket isn't tall enough. I did manage to get one of these struts to work on my AWD, but I had to remove the Bonneville lower bracket and weld the bracket from my original strut onto the replacement. Was very time consuming, the bracket for the Bonneville comes right off with little effort; can't say the same for the AWD's, it's welded in several places.

        Ken Lane <kenlane5@...> wrote: As a retiree of GM and orginal design packager of the STE 6000 AWd and owner
        of a 1988 6000 AWD, we also built a citation(J car) with the 6000 package.
        Pontiac designed the rear suspension for the AWD. First preprototype was
        built in Terrytown NY.
        K.L.