89 6000 STE AWD going on eBay....

  • ste89awd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      Well, I haven't been around here in a while. I hit the big 3-0 a few
      months back, and have had a lot to think about as far as what I plan
      to do with my life. Unfortunately, one of the decisions I reached is a
      really gut wrenching, but necessary one. I have decided to sell off
      Winall my cars, and get a near new, normal daily driver. I don't have
      the time or place to work on these cars anymore, and I'm sick of not
      having a single 100% reliable one out of the bunch. Considering I'm
      going to make getting my butt back in school a priority (sick of my
      dead end job that I put school off for, as well), I need something
      that isn't going to have me sweating bullets every month or two. And
      so, here we are. I had decided in March to sell the cars, but was
      waiting to find some time to make a few minor repairs to increase
      their value. But as I can see over the last 3 months, that just isn't
      going to happen, so I'm putting them up as is and taking a larger hit
      for them.

      First car I'm going to try to sell off is the rougher bodied '89 AWD
      STE (dark sapphire blue). I haven't really used it on the roads in 3
      years (since the mastercylinder gave out). I've just fired it up once
      in a while to stretch its legs around the parking lot, and keep
      everything functioning in the motor. And other than the brakes, the
      car is actually mechanically very sound. Before I had to take it out
      of commission, I replaced the radiator, heater hoses, thermostat,
      alternator, plugs, wires, injectors, crank position sensor, O2 sensor,
      rear calipers, rear pads, rear rotors and parking brake cables, and
      I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other things. The struts hold air
      perfectly well (the passenger side is only a few years old), and the
      ERC works great. So functioning mastercylinder (convert to non ABS?)
      and better doors out of the junkyard (one of which I have), and this
      thing would actually be a really nice AWD STE. The bare minimum I'd
      want for it is $800. The only reason I'm going that low is because of
      the body work the car is going to need (rusty doors and peeling paint).

      ***This isn't so much a for sale thread as it is a form of therapy for
      me. I kinda' needed to see the plan spelled out, and a course of
      action getting underway. I don't mean to offend anyone, but from my
      experience of being on boards like these, just about everyone that
      shows interest either can't come up with the money, can't make the
      arrangements to pick it up, or "change their minds", etc, so it's just
      a waste of time listing these types of cars on message boards. I will
      be putting the car on eBay hopefully this Sunday, if not, next Sunday.
      I figured I'd post this so if anyone is truly interested, they'd have
      the link, which I will post as soon as it's up. I just want these
      things gone at this point (and before I move in a couple months). I
      need to free up the money, stress, and parking spaces. Anyway, thanks
      for letting me vent out a bit.
    • Fuzzie Dice
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
        Wow, sorry to hear you had to make such a decision.

        I'm turning 4-0 the middle of this month (on the 13th actually), and I still
        love to fix up my car, if/when I can. Those that read here and don't know
        (since I only posted in A-Body.Net about it), Dryden won't start. I think it's
        the crank position sensor but being in an apartment complex where we can't
        really work on our cars and being I've been ill, tired and busy, I'm having him
        towed to the garage on Wednesday for the mechanics to fix. He's also got some
        insulation off one of his spark plug wires in one area. He's been doing very
        well otherwise. I love that car! :) VERY reliable daily driver. In fact, he
        stopped starting in my parking spot at home, and thankfully not out somewhere.
        :)

        As I am about to turn 40, my only thoughts at this point is that I'm very
        thankful. Thankful I had the opportunity to work from home, get a very nice
        place to live in, a very nice car to care for, good friends, and plenty of
        interesting things to keep me busy. I'd say life is comfortable, for the most
        part. I don't feel I'm missing anything at this point.

        But I did go through the "rethink my life" phase in my 30s. I think I made some
        of the changes I needed to and am glad it turned out the way it did. Maybe this
        fall I'll buy some programming books and work on building some of my skills.
        But for now, I'm enjoying life as it is. :)

        I wish you the best of luck in your choices in life. Hopefully one you get
        things figured out and things are starting to come together, you'll reach an
        age of contentment. :)

        ~ Fuzzie Dice ~
        ByteBin.Net
        FuzzieDice.com
        A-Body.Net
        Digital Girl Artificial Intelligence Forum:
        http://www.digitalgirl.co.uk/

        http://mail.yahoo.com