HELP 1990 pontiac 6000 LE

  • ecj91679
    Message 1 of 195 , Sep 26, 2001
      Hi Everybody, I joined the club to see if someone
      could help me out. My mother has had a 1990 6000 LE for
      about 8 years now. it has the 3.1 L V-6 motor. Recently
      a lot of little things have been going wrong. I
      should probably say it has about 140,000 on it. Both CV
      joints were replaced about a month ago and most recently
      the ECM (Electronic control module) or commonly known
      as the comouter died. I replaced it and it was
      running fine until recently. Service engine light would
      come on and go off. all the times I had it, the light
      stayed off. The other day my mother went to put gas into
      the car and it wouldn't start for her. it wouldn't
      even crank. Ther battery was tested and was good,
      jumping the battery didn't help, cleaning the terminals
      didn't help. I went up later that night and tried it. it
      would crank for me but not start. We finally had the
      car towed and has been sitting in the yard. later
      that night after being towed it started but no one has
      been daring enough to take it anywhere. tonight I went
      to try starting it and it would crank but nothing.
      The fuel pump is good it has about 45 lbs anything
      between 30-50 I was told was acceptable. if you remove a
      wire off the coil pack and ground it you get the spark
      so it is getting fuel and has spark. I also noticed
      that on the dash it has the outline of the car with
      the hood open and an outline of motor under the hood
      and it says DRIVER INFORMATION written under it.
      usually the outline will light while tryting to start the
      car but tonight I noticed that the outline of the
      motor was lit. Does anyone have any suggestions? please
      let me know. If I let out any vital information that
      may help diagnos the problem please ask me. Thank you
      for any information you may have. Ed
    • lapurr_n_smurf
      Message 195 of 195 , Nov 28, 2005
        Not trying to take a sale away from repo here or anything. But I have
        to mention that there is a new 6000 gas tank on ebay for 44 bucks. As
        well as 2 Fog lights. There is also a grill for a 82 6000.

        Brian

        --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, "architect_bd99"