Re: Re:goolie issues.....

  • William Lucke
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 1, 2004
      I love Gecko... It tastes like chicken.
      Geico is poop.
      Progressive quoted my half of what geico wanted.

      Will

      > From: FuzzieDice6000 <fuzziedice6000@...>
      >Subject: Re: Re:goolie issues.....
      >

      >--- lapurr_n_smurf <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >
      > > 6000 LE turns into GOOOLE or Goolie
      > > 6000 SE Turns into the Gooose
      > > 6000 STE turns into the Goooste (althou this one
      > > doesnt sounds as
      > > nice as the others...)
      >
      >So that's how the goose got in the car. :) Aflak? ;)
      >
      >I got GEICO so I get a lizard. :)
      >
      >Thanks for the definitions (to all who replied as
      >well). Now when I read these messages at least I'll
      >know what is being referred to.

    • Tim Anderson
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 1, 2004
        The following is for the 2.8/3.1 V6. I don't know about the 4 banger.

        I, also had the exact same symptoms, and it was the crankshaft position
        sensor (there is no cam sensor on the V6, it is a crankshaft sensor). The
        sensor cost me about $11, and the motor does NOT need to be lifted. If the
        dog-bone motor mount on the front of the motor is removed, the motor can be
        tilted forward far enough to allow access to the sensor. (Place the bolts
        back in the motor mount brackets, and use some rope between them to hold the
        engine tilted forward.) It is awkward to get to though, as it is on the
        back side of the motor, about the middle, and down low.

        If your car has a tach, it is easy to check for this sensor. If you turn the
        engine over but get no reading on the tach, this sensor is most likely bad.

        Tim Anderson

        '89 6000STE >220K miles

        '92 Grand Prix >235K miles

        _____

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 1, 2004
          Usually, when the ignition module goes, it goes. It usually doesn't start
          working after cooling down. The crankshaft sensor, on the other hand...

          If I was Easter Egging, I would pick the $11 part over the >$90 part.

          Tim Anderson

          _____

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 2, 2004
            --- William Lucke <wlucke@...> wrote:

            > I love Gecko... It tastes like chicken.
            > Geico is poop.
            > Progressive quoted my half of what geico wanted.

            Hopefully they are better your way than they are
            around here. Around here, people stay away from
            Progressive. I've heard horror stories of people
            getting ripped off and stuff if they had problems,
            etc. Must be the area I'm in. :/

            I've been with GEICO for 4 years now and they are
            generally pretty good. As with any auto insurance, I
            would always hope I don't actually NEED it. ;)

            I had State Farm for over 10 years before that. They
            were great in the beginning then got a bit worse as
            time went on, and they cost a lot more.

            I'll just be glad to be insured for what I can afford. :)

            http://vote.yahoo.com