[The 6000 Club] Re: pontiac 6000 racing?

  • ste89awd
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1 2:21 PM
      --- In the6000club@y..., girts zadins <gzadins@y...> wrote:
      > I wouldn't own a 4 unless it was fuel injected and
      > supercharged! The engine is a 6.
      >
      > Any body in the group know the name of the Celebrity
      > Group? Any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Girts
      >

      > --- radone29 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In the6000club@y..., girts zadins <gzadins@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Hello,
      > > > I do not knmow if I am in the right group. I have
      > > a 76
      > > > celebrity with a carb. Do you folks discuss any
      > > issues
      > > > regarding old celebrities?
      > > > Thanks,

      HERE YOU GO:
    • girts zadins
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 4 1:59 PM
        More precisely it is a 2.8 liter 6. I wonder what
        happened to the former ci system?
        Girts

        --- ste89awd <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > --- In the6000club@y..., girts zadins <gzadins@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > I wouldn't own a 4 unless it was fuel injected and
        > > supercharged! The engine is a 6.
        > >
        > > Any body in the group know the name of the
        > Celebrity
        > > Group? Any help would be appreciated.
        > >
        > > Girts
        > >

        > > --- radone29 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > > --- In the6000club@y..., girts zadins
        > <gzadins@y...>
        > have
        > > > a 76
        > any
        > > > issues
        >

        > HERE YOU GO:

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • girts zadins
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 4 2:08 PM
          That 6 banger can pull a garden variety pop-up tent
          trailer, on level land, at 80 plus mph, withou too
          much of a sttrain. My problem is with up hill grades.
          There the 6 doesn't quite make it.

          Girts

          --- girts zadins <gzadins@...> wrote:
          > More precisely it is a 2.8 liter 6. I wonder what
          > happened to the former ci system?
          > Girts
          >

          > --- ste89awd <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > > --- In the6000club@y..., girts zadins
          > <gzadins@y...>
          > > wrote:
          > > > I wouldn't own a 4 unless it was fuel injected
          > and
          > > > supercharged! The engine is a 6.
          > > >
          > > > Any body in the group know the name of the
          > > Celebrity
          > > > Group? Any help would be appreciated.
          > > >
          > > > Girts

          > > <gzadins@y...>
          > > have
          > > any
          > >

          > > HERE YOU GO:

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • radone29
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 6 4:43 PM
            --- In the6000club@y..., girts zadins <gzadins@y...> wrote:
            > That 6 banger can pull a garden variety pop-up tent
            > trailer, on level land, at 80 plus mph, withou too
            > much of a sttrain. My problem is with up hill grades.
            > There the 6 doesn't quite make it.
            >
            > Girts
            >

            > --- girts zadins <gzadins@y...> wrote:
            > > More precisely it is a 2.8 liter 6. I wonder what
            > > happened to the former ci system?
            > > Girts
            > >

            > > --- ste89awd <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > > --- In the6000club@y..., girts zadins
            > > <gzadins@y...>
            > > and

            > > > Celebrity

            > > > <gzadins@y...>
            > > > have
            > > > any
            > > >

            > > > HERE YOU GO:

            o.k. here is my question WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU PULLING A TRAILOR
            WITH A CAR? that's doesn't make any sence. do u use a lawn mower to
            vacume your carpet?here's what i'm gettin at , you wanna make a
            turner style , drag, or what ever style of performance 6000 or a
            celeb , it should be used for that reason only . now if it's an
            everyday driver you can still do performance mod's but but most of
            your power mod's will starve , with it being a daily driver( more
            fuel useage, higher engine temp's, ect!)i don't meen to be a pain in
            the ass , but but you gotta watch what kind of mod's you can do or
            will do , see i'm tryin to give ya'll info from my trial and error,
            because we r , and the only pontiac 6000 club so if i can help anyone
            i will! sorry if i burst ur bubble or pissed u off , but i'm just
            tryin to help! radone29
          • girts zadins
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 7 7:24 PM
              As a daily driver, the celeb has more balls than I
              thought it had. However, it cannot out perform the 87
              fuel injected celebrity I had to give uyp for junk.
              The '87 could run rings sround the '86, but that
              didn't surprise me.
              If I could rig a lawn mowers engine to drive a self
              propelled carpet vacuum cleaner, and make it practical
              to use, why not.
              I am just sharinmg information with the group...that
              is all. My '89 astro is another story, as is the '75
              302 mustang ii, or the '79 6 liter t/a.

              Girts

              http://sbc.yahoo.com