AWD trans problem fixed

  • ste89awd
    Message 1 of 195 , Jan 3, 2002
      A while back, I wrote about my AWD 6000 going in
      for a fuel pump and coming out with a non-shifting
      trans. I managed to drive it 20 miles back to another
      mechanic who's done work for me before and is far more
      reliable. He tested everything out and found that I needed
      3 new fuel injectors, not a fuel pump! I just had
      him do all 6 at once since the plenium was off
      anyway. Also, he noticed that the plastic holding the
      cable from the trans to the throttle body (I don't know
      the name of the cable) had broken and left the cable
      dangling. That's what was causing my shifting problems,
      unlike the other guy who said I need a new trans! If you
      recall, he suggested that I sell it to a co-worker of his
      for cheap. That's when my suspicion grew and I took
      it to this other mechanic.<br>I was so relieved to
      finally have the thing running, but then I went to a gas
      station and filled up. Fuel was running like a waterfall
      from under my car! The first guy screwed up something
      with the installation of the pump! So the guy changes
      a part that didn't need changing, he charges me too
      much for it, and he didn't even do it right, a man
      that works for a dealer!!!! This is why I laugh when
      people say, "I'll just take it to the dealer, they know
      the cars better". Moran, it's the same snot nosed 19
      year old punks that work at any shop. There's nothing
      special about a dealer mechanic. They are going to find
      this guy hanging from an air hose in his own garage
      tomorrow!!!
    • lapurr_n_smurf
      Message 195 of 195 , Nov 28, 2005
        Not trying to take a sale away from repo here or anything. But I have
        to mention that there is a new 6000 gas tank on ebay for 44 bucks. As
        well as 2 Fog lights. There is also a grill for a 82 6000.

        Brian

        --- In the6000club@yahoogroups.com, "architect_bd99"