Flowers for Gundula

  • Richard Cooper
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1 7:19 AM
      Hi all,

      Re the recent discussion, I thought I could order a flower delivery from
      the same firm we used in December. Lindsay posted this link:

      http://www.serenataflowers.com/product.asp?prod=1246&refpage=Bestseller_Page&position=pos41

      - and these were very much appreciated, so we know they're a decent firm.

      Shall I get the same again, or would someone with Flower Experience like to
      have a look round the site and suggest something else?

      Or would someone else like to be Flower Czar this year? If so, it's not a
      problem, but you'll need to get on the case. I was going to place the order
      today or tomorrow for a Saturday delivery.

      Thanks

      Richard

    • Lindsay Edmunds
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1 9:21 AM
        I lucked in when I found that firm and then REALLY lucked in when I picked an arrangement that happened to have Gundula's favorite flowers, irises. Sounds good to me, Richard.

        >________________________________

      • Yvonne Studer
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2 12:41 AM
          Hi Richard, thanks for offering to be the flower Czar this year! Let us know how we can reimburse you please.
          Best, Yvonne

          Am 01.02.2012 um 18:21 schrieb Lindsay Edmunds:

          > I lucked in when I found that firm and then REALLY lucked in when I picked an arrangement that happened to have Gundula's favorite flowers, irises. Sounds good to me, Richard.
          >
          > >________________________________

        • Richard Cooper
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2 6:27 AM
            Hi guys, thanks for the responses, I've ordered this arrangement to be
            delivered to Gundula on Saturday.

            The Kraken is still healthy of funds, but thank you for your kind offers of
            reimbursement. We may at some point need to look at topping up the coffers
            but for now, no problem.

            All bes

            Richard

            On 2 February 2012 08:41, Yvonne Studer <ystuderw@...> wrote:

            > Hi Richard, thanks for offering to be the flower Czar this year! Let us
            > know how we can reimburse you please.
            > Best, Yvonne
            >
            > Am 01.02.2012 um 18:21 schrieb Lindsay Edmunds:
            >
            > > I lucked in when I found that firm and then REALLY lucked in when I
            > picked an arrangement that happened to have Gundula's favorite flowers,
            > irises. Sounds good to me, Richard.
            > >
            > > >________________________________

          • Trouble Puppet
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2 7:12 AM
              Richard,
              I think the bouquet with the irises is lovely. Thanks for taking care of it, and let us know if we can kick in via Paypal or some such.
              Best,
              Kathryn

            • Richard Cooper
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2 8:31 AM
                No probs Kathryn!

                RC

                On 2 February 2012 15:12, Trouble Puppet <kathryn@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Richard,
                > I think the bouquet with the irises is lovely. Thanks for taking care of
                > it, and let us know if we can kick in via Paypal or some such.
                > Best,
                > Kathryn

              • Ruthie Bosch
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 2 3:08 PM
                  Yo.

                  Really glad that we are doing this. Dint feel right to me, not to.

                  Thanks Richard. As so many times.

                  Ruthie

                  > To: the-kraken@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: thoughtcat@...
                  > Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 14:27:52 +0000
                  > Subject: Re: [the-kraken] Flowers for Gundula
                  >
                  > Hi guys, thanks for the responses, I've ordered this arrangement to be
                  > delivered to Gundula on Saturday.
                  >
                  > The Kraken is still healthy of funds, but thank you for your kind offers of
                  > reimbursement. We may at some point need to look at topping up the coffers
                  > but for now, no problem.
                  >
                  > All bes
                  >
                  > Richard
                  >
                  > On 2 February 2012 08:41, Yvonne Studer <ystuderw@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hi Richard, thanks for offering to be the flower Czar this year! Let us
                  > > know how we can reimburse you please.
                  > > Best, Yvonne
                  > >
                  > > Am 01.02.2012 um 18:21 schrieb Lindsay Edmunds:
                  > >
                  > > > I lucked in when I found that firm and then REALLY lucked in when I
                  > > picked an arrangement that happened to have Gundula's favorite flowers,
                  > > irises. Sounds good to me, Richard.

                • Lindsay Edmunds
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 2 3:18 PM
                    What you wrote, "Thanks Richard. As so many times" goes for me, too.

                    Lindsay

                  • Graeme Wend-Walker
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 2 3:32 PM
                      Yes. Cheers, mate. Much appreciated.

                      Graeme

                    • Richard Cooper
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 2 10:10 PM
                        It's cool, gang!

                        RC

                        On 2 February 2012 23:32, Graeme Wend-Walker <graeme.wendwalker@...>wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > Yes. Cheers, mate. Much appreciated.
                        >
                        > Graeme

                      • mike dickman
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 3 1:23 AM
                          anent the thanx, definitely... for even thinking of it, to begin with...
                          mike

                          --
                          Those who are awake live in a constant state of amazement.
                          ~Jack Kornfield

                          the world of dew
                          is just a world of dew...
                          and yet...
                          ~Issa

                        • Linda Whitebread
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 3 2:12 AM
                            Richard

                            Very good of you to do this.  I'm sure it will be a comfort to Gundula to know that she is in our thoughts.

                            Yes, let us know how we can reimburse you.

                            Linda

                            Linda Whitebread

                          • ottarsdottir
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 3 6:15 AM
                              What everybody else said. Those flowers are lovely, and I hope Mrs. Hoban is as pleased to receive them as we all seem to be to send them.

                              Eve
                            • halfbaconsandwich
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 3 3:24 PM
                                Thanks for doing the flower arranging, Richard, and sorry I wasn't able to help - have been away all week, to another funeral, no less - it seems to be the season.
                                On the morrow, though, happy 4quating, krakenistas everywhere!
                                Emmae

                                --- In the-kraken@yahoogroups.com, Richard Cooper <thoughtcat@...> wrote:

                                > Hi guys, thanks for the responses, I've ordered this arrangement to be
                                > delivered to Gundula on Saturday.
                                >
                                > The Kraken is still healthy of funds, but thank you for your kind offers of
                                > reimbursement. We may at some point need to look at topping up the coffers
                                > but for now, no problem.
                                >
                                > All bes
                                >
                                > Richard
                                >
                                > On 2 February 2012 08:41, Yvonne Studer <ystuderw@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > Hi Richard, thanks for offering to be the flower Czar this year! Let us
                                > > know how we can reimburse you please.
                                > > Best, Yvonne
                                > >
                                > > Am 01.02.2012 um 18:21 schrieb Lindsay Edmunds:
                                > >
                                > > > I lucked in when I found that firm and then REALLY lucked in when I
                                > > picked an arrangement that happened to have Gundula's favorite flowers,
                                > > irises. Sounds good to me, Richard.

                              • Alida Allison
                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 3 4:28 PM
                                  Thank you for getting the flowers, and Happy February 4th--

                                  alida

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 6 1:28 AM
                                    Hi all,

                                    I just had an email from Jake Hoban "to say thanks on behalf of my mum for
                                    the flowers you sent. She really appreciates the thought.

                                    All the best,
                                    Jake"

                                    Best

                                    Richard