Obituaries

  • Richard Cooper
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 15, 2011
      I thought we might collect links to the various obituaries and news
      reports in one thread for ease of reference. Some of these have
      already been posted elsewhere on the forum. I've made a note by the
      ones I have hard copies of. Please add any more that you know of.

      Daily Telegraph
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/8957087/Russell-Hoban-dedicated-to-strangeness.html
      (have hard copy - 15/12/11 page 37)

      The Times (UK)
      http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/obituaries/article3258285.ece
      (paywall link)
      (have hard copy - 15/12/11 page 60)

      The Guardian
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/dec/14/russell-hoban
      (have hard copy - 15/12/11 page 36)

      Will Self appreciation
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/dec/14/russell-hoban-my-hero-self
      (not sure if available in hard copy?)

      The Independent
      Have hard copy 15/12/11 page 48
      Can't find online version

      BBC News
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/dec/14/russell-hoban
      (no hard copy)
    • halfbaconsandwich
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 31, 2011
        --- In the-kraken@yahoogroups.com, "Roland Clare" <roland.clare@...>
        wrote:

        > It may be impudent to be thinking along such lines at such a time ...
        but
        > I'd like to believe there was a university Department somewhere that
        was
        > destined eventually to curate such treasures.

        Roland,

        There is a collection of some early Hoban papers in the de Grummond
        Collection, at the University of Southern Mississipi, which is easy to
        google. Of course, that may not be the final destination for the
        treasures of which you speak.

        Al bes for 2012, everyone.

        Emmae.