Re: Audio Books?

  • writerfaithhunter
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
      Yep, but I don't know what *day* in April....
      There's, like, 30 of then, you know? (she said while twirling her bottle-blond hair around a finger...)
      (grins)
      Faith

      --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, MudEPoz@... wrote:

      > After making the mistake this morning with an early April Fools joke.
      > Er, isn't that tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
      > Mud
      >

      > CH Muddy Paws Tri The Truth VCD2 UDX RN AX AXJ OAP OJP

    • Maria Durst
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
        Audible.com has "Strange Brew" on audio available now.  They are not listing a date yet for the othe books though.

        http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/ProductDetail.jsp?productID=BK_ADBL_001197&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

        Maria

        Maria-Durst-Banner-signature-banner.jpg signature banner picture by maria63303

        Yep, but I don't know what *day* in April....
        There's, like, 30 of then, you know? (she said while twirling her bottle-blond hair around a finger...)
        (grins)
        Faith

        --- In the-enclave@ yahoogroups. com, MudEPoz@... wrote:

        > After making the mistake this morning with an early April Fools joke.
        > Er, isn't that tomorrow!!!! !!!!!
        > Mud
        >

        > CH Muddy Paws Tri The Truth VCD2 UDX RN AX AXJ OAP OJP

      • writerfaithhunter
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
          Good call, Maria! Audible.com is the company who bought the books. And Strange Brew already sold through for audio books (which means I got a tiny royalty check!)
          Whoowhoo!
          Faith

          --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, Maria Durst <ringpop2010@...> wrote:

          > Audible.com has "Strange Brew" on audio available now.  They are not listing a date yet for the othe books though.
          >
          > http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/ProductDetail.jsp?productID=BK_ADBL_001197&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
          >

          > Maria

        • Kim Harrison
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
            30? I thought there were 29!
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            Made you look!!

            Kim

          • MudEPoz@aol.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
              Whine. BUT I ALREADY HAVE THAT ONE>

              Good call, Maria! Audible.com is the company who bought the books. And Strange Brew already sold through for audio books (which means I got a tiny royalty check!)
              Whoowhoo!
              Faith

              --- In the-enclave@ yahoogroups. com, Maria Durst <ringpop2010@ ...> wrote:

              > Audible.com has "Strange Brew" on audio available now.  They are not listing a date yet for the othe books though.
              >
              > http://www.audible. com/adbl/ site/products/ ProductDetail. jsp?productID= BK_ADBL_001197& BV_UseBVCookie= Yes
              >

              > Maria

            • writerfaithhunter
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
                Made yourself look, maybe. Not me, oh thou of clogged head.

                --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, Kim Harrison <kimharrison@...> wrote:

                > 30? I thought there were 29!
                > .
                > .
                > .
                > .
                > .
                > .
                > .
                > .
                > .
                > Made you look!!
                >
                > Kim
                >

                > On Apr 1, 2010, at 9:05 AM, writerfaithhunter wrote:
                >
                > > Yep, but I don't know what *day* in April....
                > > There's, like, 30 of then, you know? (she said while twirling her bottle-blond hair around a finger...)
                > > (grins)
                > > Faith
                > >
                > > --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, MudEPoz@ wrote:
                > >>

                > >> After making the mistake this morning with an early April Fools joke.
                > >> Er, isn't that tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
                > >> Mud
                > >>

                > >> CH Muddy Paws Tri The Truth VCD2 UDX RN AX AXJ OAP OJP

              • writerfaithhunter
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
                  Soooo.... Did the person who read it sound like she should have read it?

                • MudEPoz@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 1, 2010
                    The narrator is pretty breathy, i.e. she inhales pretty deeply and often.
                    It's tolerable, but there is a line where she says she inhales, and she'd been doing it all away along.

                    Would it be the same woman?
                    Mud

                    Soooo.... Did the person who read it sound like she should have read it?

                    --- In the-enclave@ yahoogroups. com, MudEPoz@... wrote:

                    > Whine. BUT I ALREADY HAVE THAT ONE>

                  • SJV
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 2, 2010
                      I've always wanted to read for audio books. I've got a pretty good reading voice and I've been told I should do radio. Not the, "hey, you've got a pretty good face for radio!" but more like after hearing me on audio saying that I should be a radio DJ. ;)

                      I've got a pretty good vocal range, and my voice is a bit on the higher end of male. I'm decent at coming up with accents and can do a lot of voices, but I don't really try to do female voices. I can't do 'em. When I'm limbered up I can do bout anything from Captain Caveman to the Lullaby League. ;)

                      I've been wanting to see Faith's books hit audio. My wife wants to read the RM books, but doesn't have a lot of time to read, so she listens to a lot of audiobooks in the car. We also like listening to 'em on long car trips to Indiana. :)

                      Hope this doesn't double post...

                      --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, MudEPoz@... wrote:

                      > The narrator is pretty breathy, i.e. she inhales pretty deeply and often.
                      > It's tolerable, but there is a line where she says she inhales, and she'd been doing it all away along.
                      >
                      > Would it be the same woman?
                      > Mud

                    • writerfaithhunter
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 2, 2010
                        Don't know. I never heard it.

                        --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, MudEPoz@... wrote:

                        > The narrator is pretty breathy, i.e. she inhales pretty deeply and often.
                        > It's tolerable, but there is a line where she says she inhales, and she'd been doing it all away along.
                        >
                        > Would it be the same woman?
                        > Mud

                      • writerfaithhunter
                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 2, 2010
                          I'll likely just let you guys tell me what you think about the audios. I'm not much for re-reading/hearing my own work...
                          Faith

                        • MudEPoz@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 2, 2010
                            Do you get to find out the narrator's name?
                            I bet it won't be the same woman. They used several for the anthology.

                            CH Muddy Paws Tri The Truth VCD2 UDX RN AX AXJ OAP OJP

                            OTCH Muddy Paws Beautiful Trinket VCD3 UDX2 RE NAP NJP NFP

                            Muddy Paws Que Cera Cera VCD1 RA TDX JH OA AXJ NF

                            CH Tribute's Three X The Charm VCD3 UDX RAE JH (Watching Quark with dismay and waiting patiently for me)

                            Strange Quark UD TD NAJ OA (Practicing evil at another level.

                            > The narrator is pretty breathy, i.e. she inhales pretty deeply and often.
                            > It's tolerable, but there is a line where she says she inhales, and she'd been doing it all away along.
                            >
                            > Would it be the same woman?
                            > Mud

                          • writerfaithhunter
                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 8, 2010
                              Mud, *I know nossing!*

                            • MudEPoz@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 8, 2010
                                You mean def one or two. If two, yuck. If one, come on up to Milwaukee, I'm sure the local Germans will offer a beer and rectify that problem:)

                                .Nossing Definitions.

                                1.
                                German for nothing. Not a thing.

                                "Can you see my picture yet?"
                                "No, I see nossing"

                                2.
                                The act of a cat smearing its nose all over you; usually done when wanting affection.
                                The act of rubbing your fingers on a cat's nose.
                                1. "The cat was nossing my face and now my cheeks are slimy."
                                2. "If I don't stop nossing my cat's nose I will have to go to rehab."

                                > Do you get to find out the narrator's name?
                                > I bet it won't be the same woman. They used several for the anthology.
                                >

                                > CH Muddy Paws Tri The Truth VCD2 UDX RN AX AXJ OAP OJP
                                > OTCH Muddy Paws Beautiful Trinket VCD3 UDX2 RE NAP NJP NFP
                                > Muddy Paws Que Cera Cera VCD1 RA TDX JH OA AXJ NF
                                > CH Tribute's Three X The Charm VCD3 UDX RAE JH (Watching Quark with dismay and waiting patiently for me)
                                >
                                > Strange Quark UD TD NAJ OA (Practicing evil at another level.

                              • writerfaithhunter
                                Message 15 of 22 , Apr 12, 2010
                                  Thanks, Mud...I think?
                                  (grins)
                                  Faith

                                  --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, MudEPoz@... wrote:

                                  > You mean def one or two. If two, yuck. If one, come on up to Milwaukee, I'm sure the local Germans will offer a beer and rectify that problem:)
                                  >
                                  > .Nossing Definitions.
                                  >
                                  > 1. German for nothing. Not a thing.
                                  >

                                  > "Can you see my picture yet?"
                                  > "No, I see nossing"
                                  >
                                  > 2.
                                  > The act of a cat smearing its nose all over you; usually done when wanting affection.
                                  > The act of rubbing your fingers on a cat's nose.
                                  > 1. "The cat was nossing my face and now my cheeks are slimy."
                                  > 2. "If I don't stop nossing my cat's nose I will have to go to rehab."

                                • Randy MacKay
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Apr 12, 2010
                                    LOL

                                    Whick gets me strange looks from the other folks in the airport...

                                    Which reminds me... Anyone have the inside scoop on or know of
                                    anything cool about or fun to do in Las Cruces, NM? That'll be my
                                    next contracted consulting assignment starting in two weeks.... (This
                                    week will be my last in Huntsville; and I'll be in Nashville next
                                    week).

                                    Thanks!

                                    Randy

                                    --