article and mag!

  • Faith Hunter
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
      There is a new magazing called Crossed Genres for both readers and
      writers among us. (And I worte an article for the first mag!!!) Take a
      look at

      http://www.crossedgenres.com

      And a link directly to my article:
      http://www.crossedgenres.com/content/001_nonfiction_1.htm

      This is so cool!

      Faith
    • Judy
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
        Great article!

        The magazine looks interesting, I hope they do well.

        ~Judy
      • Aleta Turner
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
          Interesting article, Faith.

          You forgot one: writers are superhuman. Oh wait,
          that's not a misconception - a "regular" full-time
          job, two novels a year, belly-dancing, kayaking,
          lapidary-work & jewelry-making... You must
          live in a parallel-universe with more hours in your
          day than us mere mortals, and just visit us to
          share the fruits of your labors. :)

          Aleta
        • Randy MacKay
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
            The one that I noted as absent was that all pro writers want to be worshipped and treated like movie stars by thier fans...

            LOL

            I remember a conversation that I recently had with author Tim Zahn about just that.  We were at a pizza place and Tim mentioned that he enjoys speaking with people who don't treat him like some sort of star...  he feels that the "celebrity" gets in the way with communication and getting to know people, and that it makes it harder to break through to the point where any sort of real communication can occur.

            I loved the article, though...

            Take care and happy holidays!

            Randy
            (sorry I haven't been around much...  recently lost my beloved job, and finding a new one without relocating is challenging)

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
              Hah!
              Thanks Aleta, but I admit that I don't sleep enough and have to hire a
              housekeeping crew to shovel us out once a month. I don't cook, exercise
              enough, or spend enough time with my parents, friends, or relatives.
              Not superhuman at all, sadly...
              Faith

              --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Aleta Turner" <aletamosquito@...>
              wrote:

              > Interesting article, Faith.
              >
              > You forgot one: writers are superhuman. Oh wait,
              > that's not a misconception - a "regular" full-time
              > job, two novels a year, belly-dancing, kayaking,
              > lapidary-work & jewelry-making... You must
              > live in a parallel-universe with more hours in your
              > day than us mere mortals, and just visit us to
              > share the fruits of your labors. :)
              >
              > Aleta

            • Daniel Davis
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
                Awesome article! I specifically agreed with the part about being
                artistic in other pursuits. Almost anything artistic I've tried I've
                done well in. Maybe not well enough to make money off of, but
                certainly passable as a fun hobby.

                We also work special effects for indie film and those bloody weapons
                and such have spilled out of my head and into my garage as well.
                People come over and wonder why I have intestines and bloody shirts
                hanging from my rafters... O_O

                And yes, I'll have to agree with the insane thing too. I've been
                called crazy or odd or weird quite a few times in the past. ;)

                Dan Davis
                Freelance Writer
                Co-Founder of Podunkville FX

                --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Faith Hunter" <faith@...> wrote:

                > There is a new magazing called Crossed Genres for both readers and
                > writers among us. (And I worte an article for the first mag!!!) Take a
                > look at
                >
                > http://www.crossedgenres.com
                >
                > And a link directly to my article:
                > http://www.crossedgenres.com/content/001_nonfiction_1.htm
                >
                > This is so cool!
                >
                > Faith

              • Faith Hunter
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
                  I guess the fact that I see nothing odd in having intestines and
                  bloody clotes hanging around marks me as odd. Creative, but odd.
                  Faith

                  --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Davis"